I am MichaelRazor

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Egypt.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Michaelrazor

I am MichaelRazor

Post by Michaelrazor »

Hello everyone
I am Michael fredrek aka michaelrazor
i am 35 years old Austrian/Italian Mixed nationality and single lol
i live in England currently but i have been traveling the world almost
for the past years.

I am development chef and also act as a business development consultant.
I am dreaming of living and working in Egypt as well as dreaming of having my own TV show there and be able to show them people what food is about healthy eating not suicide dumping.

i am a cool simple laid back guy love almost everything this world has to offer but hate arrogant and idiots, and those who talk more than they act.
love snow and animals and music and traveling. water sports and aikido lol

I will be coming to Egypt in January probably and hope to catch up with a good company as a development manager for hospitality business or a chef and show em what food is about.

well that is me.
all friendly requests are welcome
8)

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Wow a chef!!!

have you watched Fatafeat on TV?

You could try to get a show on that and show quite a few of them that fried onions, tomatoes, butter, and aubergine don't have to be in every recipe :mrgreen:

Michaelrazor

Post by Michaelrazor »

yeh i watched it few times but my stomach couldnt take it anymore
it is a pure crazy dump program filled with fake chefs and people who explain how to cook things in the most weirdest way and disgusting also.

but yeh i dont know how will i get through to a show because i hate kissing asses unless they are female ones lol
but yeh i hope so i hear there are jobs for foreigners in Egypt but i know no one there and going around might be not so productive if i dont know where to go or to who.

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Why not send your CV to the big hotels then.

:)

Michaelrazor

Post by Michaelrazor »

i did already but the big hotels are already using a system called internal promotion like if Marriott Cairo needs a chef they will look through Marriott group first for those already working in it and by its system they wont look at foreign CV's outside teh group.

Also the competition is huge, i got the contract of cooking for teh FIFA in Egypt few months ago for the world cup under 20 by luck, just because i was at the right place and the right time and also i passed a test.

In Egypt going around doesn't bring jobs, i learned this there before
Egypt is all about who you know. This is all about contacts, you have em they help you........... you dont have em, then keep on going around in circles lol

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

Congrats at the FIFA job. Mabrook 8)

Why not try these ones

Movenpick
http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/pub ... rrival.cfm

It's huge and is where all the actors and singers go because the film studios are attached. This one is 5 mins from my house.

Hilton Pyramids
http://www.hilton.co.uk/pyramidsgolf

this one is opposite the Movenpick.

Swiss Inn
http://www.swissinn.net/pyramids/index.htm

this is opposite our house and is part of the Dreamland Complex.

Novotel
http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-3359-no ... ndex.shtml

this one is about a 10 min drive from the other 3.

All of these hotels are in the 6th October district and that is about a 10 min drive from the pyramids at Giza on the Al Wahat Rd so easy access to Cairo downtown itself in about 30 mins.

The EMPC
http://www.empc.com.eg/English/Studios01.html

This the the Egyptian Movie Studios. It's next to the Movenpick Hotel on the Wahat Road.

For sure there will be a huge catering dept for all the actors and producers etc.

;)

Michaelrazor

Post by Michaelrazor »

i did a lot of sending to big hotels already few times and i get no reply back at all so i am fed up and the only advise i got from people is that
you need to know poeple who will get you through or have contacts, this is how Egypt works and this is how most Egyptians get work

beside i need to get the names of companies that are involved in developing resorts or new opening ones or maybe a hospitality company that needs a development manager stuff like that.. sending lol i did already but egypt you have to have contacts