As-Salamu Alaykum

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Egypt.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jenny

As-Salamu Alaykum

Post by Jenny »

As-Salamu Alaykum,
I'm Jenny and I just joined this forum. I'm Swedish and living here in Sweden together with my Egyptian husband. My husband moved here 6 month ago from UAE, were we met 3 years ago.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: As-Salamu Alaykum

Post by Horus »

"Wa alaikum assalaam" Jenny and welcome to the forum, I see you have already chosen a very suitable Scandinavian Viking warrior woman for your avatar. Look forward to you joining in and making some contributions to the forums, you will find us all a friendly lot and new members are more than welcome. :)

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Welcome to the forum Jenny :)

Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Merhaba, Jenny! Looking forward to some posts from you both. :up
Carpe diem! :le:

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Thank you all for the welcome :)

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Warmest welcomes Jenny! Looking forward to some great discussions ;) :mrgreen: :)

Ra-Mont

Post by Ra-Mont »

Hi, Jenny. Love that avatar. :up

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Welcome to Egypt4U, Jenny! We might not be as prolific posters as other forums but we are all extremely friendly - and helpful! :up

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Ruby Slippers wrote:Welcome to Egypt4U, Jenny! We might not be as prolific posters as other forums but we are all extremely friendly - and helpful! :up
I made sure it was a friendly forum before I joined :) I've been searching for an egyptian focused forum for quite some time, it was not easy to find this one. Eitherwise I found a forum were people seemed to be quite mean to each other, or I found forum dedicated to a special touristareas.

Ra-Mont

Post by Ra-Mont »

I think I've experienced that 'mean' forum of which you speak, Jenny, and it's very sad. One person in particular continually attacks other members while new ideas are stamped on without a pause for consideration. Unforgivable.

R.J.T.
Last edited by Ra-Mont on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Ra-Mont wrote:I think I've experienced that 'mean' forum of which you speak, Jenny, and it's very sad. One person in particular continually attacks other members while new ideas are stamped on without a pause for consideration. Unforgivable.
Unfortunately it's that forum as the search engines rank highest when searching for an egyptian forum :(

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Unfortunately it is very common that some forums turn into being the preserve of a few more vocal members and often small cliques develop within those forums. Either that or members set themselves up as guardians of everyone else’s morals or as the definitive authority on everything from dress codes to political opinions, history and religion. They are usually easy to spot, but unfortunately they also deter lots of other members from posting in those forums, not because their opinions are necessarily correct, but rather that people cannot be bothered with the hassle of arguing with them. Others are just down right offensive or rude with their replies, especially to new members and mistake their own bad manners for wit, which of course they themselves mostly lack.

Although small in number we have managed to keep this forum friendly and although good debate is always encouraged, so should respect and politeness to others. Having said that I often see topics on some forums that make me smile, especially some of the extreme theories and beliefs that some people hold, but just as it is my right to question them, it is someone’s else’s right to voice them in the first place. If we all abide by the principal that not everyone will necessarily agree with what we have to say and accept that there may be other opinions to what may be our own very strongly held beliefs, then there should not be any problems. I for one do not hold any strong religious beliefs, but I do not condemn anyone who does and I accept that their faith may be very important to them. However that does not stop me from questioning any viewpoint people may have if I do not agree with it in some way.

I have always had a great interest in ancient Egypt and have read widely on the subject so I can usually make a contribution to most debates, so if for example someone puts forward a new theory or idea, then you can expect me to give my own view on the matter and not just to go along with it. I am looking forward to hearing more from Ra Mont and his theories as new ideas are always good to ponder over as they may throw up something new to consider especially if they can be supported by some facts. So everyone should feel free to contribute and to join in and to discuss rather than pontificate or to be argumentative. :up