End of American Recession?

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

End of American Recession?

Post by Horus »

So the latest figures from America show that it is now officially out of recession and that has to be good news. That only leaves Canada & Italy to report the same and once again Britain will be the only major economy to be lagging behind the rest of the world. So this busted labour government will have to make up more excuses for it's total incompetence with our own economic problems.
Let us just hope that the American recovery can be sustained even after the various stimulus packages come to an end. :)

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

I was watching a programme earlier on the US and it was showing a spring manufacturer who was saying that the recession was actually much better for his business :?
His exports have tripled and he even took on new contracts because the lower $ made export much more competitve.

I was thinking that's the first time I heard that the recession was 'good' for business.

I heard something on the TV about the UK suffering more than most because of the low export and manufacturing industry and a huge reliance on the public sector like banking and commerce. Not sure if his report was accurate or not?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Pretty much correct Ebi, we are now almost entirely reliant on 'non' jobs or the overblown public sector. There is very little real manufacturing left in the UK, other countries such as Germany still put a high regard on their Engineering sector but ours just seems to be allowed to decline at the expense of invisible earnings from 'The City' and we all know where that has led us. :(