Turkey/Syria/Isis/Civilians - WOW

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Turkey/Syria/Isis/Civilians - WOW

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WOW - I just turned on the TV and found out that Trump pulled all American soldiers out of Turkey this past Sunday and right now Turkey has started moving into Syria bombing targets (civilian included) ........ WOW!!!!!!! This really is a what the ???

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Turkey/Syria/Isis/Civilians - WOW

Post by Grandad »

I am watching a discussion on this right now on Newsnight LLL. Could be a potential tinderbox for several reasons. Turkey claims that they want to create a safe area between Turkey and Syria. The Kurdish PKK claim that this action will force them out of their homeland. The Kurds are holding an estimated 12,000 Isis prisoners. The concern is that IF the Kurds are driven back, the Isis prisoners could spread and cause havoc around the world.
The Kurds feel betrayed by Trump and the US. Turkey feels betrayed by the West who have not supported then in particular with regards to the three and a half million Syrian refugees that Turkey has accepted and helped.
So, there is a potential for real problems in the area, not least humanitarian casualties among the Kurds.
Just to c!ear a point, all US troops have not yet been evacuated.......
Might Trump have a change of mind ?
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Nothing much has changed regarding American policy since the days of the "settlers" - by the way I find it quite ironic how invaders become "settlers". I'm going to (almost) ignore freedom fighters and terrorists. :st

Treaties were made with indigenous North American people and then ignored by the American administration, army and "settlers". It looks like an American signed treaty still isn't worth the paper it's written on. :td

PS I've just discovered that apparently one line of my forebears came to the UK with the Norman Invasion and held office in the court for a couple of hundred years. Not something I'm proud of actually . but I found it interesting.
Smile! It confuses people
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Just to add even more fuel to the fire in the region I see Israel is now looking to actively support the Kurds.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - I'm not sure Trump will change his mind because one of the items he ran for election on was bringing all their troops home and getting out of being the "Policeman" of the world.

Interesting since this area is so delicate that other countries around the world with a vested interest in maintaining stabilization in the area are not coming up to the plate to send in their troops.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I think the driving force has previously been oil. America has had more than enough for its needs without importing but decided to save it and give some protection to other suppliers in the short term.

Now oil is rapidly losing importance there's got to be a change of plan. It is all profit and loss not humanitarian values and talk is cheap. Feet on the ground another story.
Smile! It confuses people