New Criminal Laws here

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

New Criminal Laws here

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Canada has been moving more and more to the right making us ridiculously progressively Liberal under our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau which IMO is not necessarily a good thing.

We apparently just passed Bill C-16 which is a new Gender Identity Law

Canada passed a law Thursday making it illegal to use the wrong gender pronouns. Critics say that Canadians who do not subscribe to progressive gender theory could be accused of hate crimes, jailed, fined, and made to take anti-bias training.

Canada’s Senate passed Bill C-16, which puts “gender identity” and “gender expression” into both the country’s Human Rights Code, as well as the hate crime category of its Criminal Code by a vote of 67-11, according to LifeSiteNews. The bill now only needs royal assent from the governor general.

“Great news,” announced Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister. “Bill C-16 has passed the Senate – making it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity or expression.

Royal assent has apparently been given ....... sometimes I just don't know WHERE we're headed in this world these days. Can't say anything defined as "anti-Islam" either anymore. That is now criminal too........

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: New Criminal Laws here

Post by Horus »

What a ridiculous situation, it is fair enough to make it illegal to discriminate or abuse others, but to try and control the way people actually think is another. You need to change hearts and minds and no amount of laws will stop people from thinking or holding an opinion on any issue, so if there is not an outlet by voicing those different opinions or objections you just create a massive pool of resentment. Short of persuasion there is no way you can force another person to think the way you do, a classic example is religion, regardless of how you try to suppress it, it will just go underground as did the Catholic religion in England then resurfaced years later when the suppression ceased.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It's just nuts and no good will come of it. :urm:
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our latest Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is VERY "progressively liberal." When he was elected we actually had a surplus of money but his agenda was to 'give away, give away, give away' and now we have such an enormous deficit it will take our great grandkids to get it paid off. He has also done similar to Angela Merkel by way of bringing in literally thousands and thousands of refugees. Now the tact has become to enact LAWS governing what we can and can't say.

He is definitely a LGBTQ advocate (which if fine) as well as a pro-Muslim (which is fine) but when you actually LEGISLATE that "I" MUST now never say anything negative about either of these groups and have it basically down to the use of a PRONOUN - well - it seems to be doing nothing other than creating a huge groundswell and reaction AGAINST him and secondarily these groups as well which isn't doing them any benefit. I actually think the LGBTQ community was moving forward on their own quite nicely and I never have been sure that relocating thousands of people to remote rural areas that are not prepared for them was a good idea in the first place.

I've tried to see, from my own perspective, IF I am missing something given the new progressive Liberal philosophy that seems to be emerging everywhere - but - I don't. I just don't see how those espousing a Liberal perspective is really going to socially work in the long run........I think it is a huge step backwards for society overall.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I've always believed that there is no such thing as complete freedom, because one man's Freedom of expression always causes offence to another - who in turn has the right to be offended and return that opinion and round and round it goes. Nuts.
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Maybe the simple solution is to say that no one has the right to say "I am offended" :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

By way of this new law and WHO has the right to be offended..........

Right now back in eastern Canada there is a biological MAN transitioning to a WOMAN. This person is going to a GYM and for ALL to SEE is walking about NUDE in the WOMAN'S change room presumably changing, showering, brushing hair - whatever. This apparently caused concerns to be put forward to Management who acted on the concerns and required this person to NOT going into the WOMAN'S change room. I don't have any real specifics (as none are being reported) but .........

(Insert drum roll here)

LAW SUIT!!!

Apparently, as per our law now - the GYM is being SUED (No idea if individuals are being named) because apparently this person has the full right to the WOMAN'S CHANGE ROOM.

There isn't much info out there on this because based on the NEW law(s) nobody can really talk about it without fear of being charged with HATE SPEECH.

Soooooo - WHO can be offended these days? And even if they are how to proceed if you face possible "hate speech" charges merely by laying a complaint?

Is this the new face of progressive Liberalism?