Conundrum

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Conundrum

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Worth a think about............

Conundrum: Free people are not equal.  Equal people are not free. (Think this one over and over and it makes sense!)

Conundrum: "A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Here are six Conundrums of today's society in the United States of America (and same could be said of Canada and UK):

1. America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.

2. Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.

3. They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.

4. Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.

5. The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.

6. They have things that people in other countries only dream about - yet they want America to be more like those other countries.

Think about it! And that, my friends, pretty much sums up the USA in the 21st Century. Makes you wonder who is doing the math.

These three, short sentences tell you a lot about the direction of our current government and cultural
environment:

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works. 

2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money.  But we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money! What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but many in the second didn't.

3. Why are we cutting benefits for our veterans, no pay raises for our military and cutting our army to a level lower than before WWII, but we are not stopping the payments or benefits to illegal aliens.

Am I the only one missing something ?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Conundrum

Post by Horus »

Same in the UK, we do not have enough money to fund our NHS properly yet we can pledge .7% of our GDP (which is a huge amount) to foreign aid :urm:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Same in Canada - we seem to be giving and giving and giving yet don't have sufficient to look after our own and then to add insult to injury we're essentially slapped in face by those we've given to!!

I object to this over the top 'giving' when we get nothing in return nor am I convinced that those living in poverty who need $$ the most actually get it. I have quite a thought that our funds go to buy a gold door knob for the present great grand PooBah and never reach those we think we're giving funds to.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Don't get me going on all that :xx We keepon giving to third world countries and they remain 'third world countries' and always will until world corruption is stamped out completely........now there's a pipe dream :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I realize there are lots of global issues. Some way more severe than others. Some we've been giving to in Canada for decades by my own memory however nothing ever seems to get better.

Guess as I'm getting older I'm also getting more and more miserable OR maybe just more aware but I've come to the conclusion we can't GIVE people to a better way of life and living. Unless and until they're willing to overcome whatever odds they're facing (and in some instances the odds probably are insurmountable) they will continue to live as they live.

I'd even go so far as to say that "giving" to people only robs them of the incentive to do better for themselves. Not in all cases as some truly shoot to the stars if giving a hand up but those who come to rely on a hand out as a lifestyle are doomed to remain stuck in the rut they're in, tend to only see themselves as victims and will never reach their full potential as people.