Canadian Jailed in Iran

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Canadian Jailed in Iran

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our news this morning is full of the news that a Canadian Professor of Anthropology who specializes in the role of Islamic women has been jailed. She teaches at Concordia University in Montreal. She has been accused of spying.

The News has been interviewing another woman who was held prisoner in Evin Prison and tortured. She was graphically describing how they tortured her by way of tying her down onto a bed and lashing the soles of her feet with industrial wire. She emphasized that once in that prison it is continuously beat into you that you have no rights whatsoever. If you so much as make a sound you are brutally beat so as to reinforce you are nothing.

I've read several books written by different persons that have been jailed in Evin Prison and it definitely does have an awful reputation.

Not too many details were given as to why this Professor was picked up and jailed but it doesn't sound too good. The family has also added that she recently suffered a stroke and doesn't have her meds. No idea how our new gov't will respond.

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Canadian Jailed in Iran

Post by Jayway »

Why do these women go to Iran or any islamic country to do this ? Why cant they mind their own business ? I have no sympathy whatsoever for them, victims of their own stupidity.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Canadian Jailed in Iran

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

She was an Academic, a Professor so I can only assume she was there via a University to do official research. Here she was part of Concordia University.

Nobody has really said why she was there or if she was presently studying something.