Egyptair plane disappeared.

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Egyptair plane disappeared.

Post by Jayway »

The Paris/Cairo airbus disappeared at 2.26 according to my TV and now Greek ships are searching its last position. Another blow for the tourist industry.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Egyptair plane disappeared.

Post by Grandad »

Before we jump to any conclusions let us wait and hope they find the aircraft and recover the flight recorders. I have heard reports that somebody on a navy ship in the Med saw flames in the air, as yet unconfirmed. Also there were 3 security men on board, is that normal on Egyptair flights and are they to be trusted? Lots of questions but flight recorders first for any useful information....

But sadly the indications are that all on board have been lost.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All I'm seeing on the TV News is that there has been a crash. Another aviation tragedy.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, the flight was Egyptair MS804 departing Paris CdG at 23.09 last evening bound for Cairo. 56 passengers, 7 crew and 3 security personnel on board. Radar contact was lost about three and a half hours into the flight and wreckage has now been found in the Eastern Med. Nothing is yet confirmed but the indications are that it was an explosion on board.
That must finally kill any tourist travel to Egypt....
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The News here is focus'd on our new Prime Minister getting into a tuss up in Parliament and elbowing another MP plus the fires and (of all things) DANCING with Justin Beiber (couple of very young dancers won a contest to be allowed to dance with him)

Am thinking more news on Egyptair will be forthcoming with lots more details soon but another tragedy happens. So very sad.

If the plane was nearing Egypt yet still in flight was it anywhere near the Sinai area?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Any conclusions yet? Bomb? Shot out of the air? Plane just degraded and broke apart?

All the news here is saying today (other than Donald Trump who is blaming terror) is that they've found an oil slick and are looking for the black box.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

They have now found floating debris from the aircraft including personal possessions, and I did hear mention of a seat and body parts. The report we are getting is that before the aircraft disappeared from radar it made a sharp turn one way and then back the other way before contact was lost. Only some large pieces of wreckage and/or the flight recorders will give any more likely causes of the crash. The wreck is in about 2 miles deep water so any recovery will be difficult even if they locate the wreckage.

So as with earlier similar aircraft disappearances, it is foolhardy to speculate until some positive evidence can be found to confirm the cause of this tragedy. There was a report here that ISIS has a plan to target Europe with terrorist attacks.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

HUH, maybe they will go to Sweden and take that country over completely, that is a stronghold for them now.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nothing is on the news re: crash right now as there is shooting outside the White House in Washington DC (which is now on lockdown) so this is all that is being broadcast on TV.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jayway wrote:HUH, maybe they will go to Sweden and take that country over completely, that is a stronghold for them now.
Not funny Jay :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hearing here this morning a theory that somebody was able to tamper with the engine and the inner workings of the plane which means they're looking at the staff.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, you seem to be receiving news data long after other information has come to light. As I have said before there is no point in speculating unless there is evidence. What is now known is that the aircraft's automatic logging system recorded an increase in the temperature of the front right wind screen, and smoke detected in the front lavatory near the cockpit, and smoke in the avionics compartment beneath the cockpit and front lavatory.

This data is logged and transmitted in order that maintenance can be allerted to work required at the next place of landing.

This is sufficient for more reliable theories to be put forward. 1) That there was an electrical malfunction causing a short circuit with heat and fire resulting; and 2) The possibility that an incendiary or explosive device was planted in or near the avionics compartment causing a fire which, like 1), disabled the aircraft's electronic controls.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - Wow - I have no doubt that what I'm getting is day old here. The American TV is taken over by the shooting at the White House yesterday while Obama was golfing and our TV is obsessed with what they're now calling "ELBOW-gate" whereby our Prime Minister came down to the floor and elbowed somebody whilst dragging somebody else by the arm. Seems our news media is pretty slow in getting the most current info out about this.

Terrible tragedy all 'round though. Am only glad that the plane has been located in a fairly timely manner and an investigation is happening.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A number of theories are being put forward about the possible cause of this disaster from terrorism to Lithium batteries in luggage. We have heard about mobile phones and tablets over heating and igniting but I was not aware that Lithium batteries must not be packed in 'checked in' luggage.

As nobody has yet claimed responsibility for the tragedy it is becoming more likely that there was some cause other than terrorism. I do hope that for the relatives and friends of those lost, and for the wider airline travellers, that the wreckage can be soon found and the real cause identified.

There is no point in speculating but as more information has come to light, and with expert opinions, it is inevitable that a media guessing game will follow.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Not getting anything about EgyptAir on the morning news today. All talk is about Trump/Clinton/Saunders and speculations about the upcoming Presidential Election Nov 2016 and who the nominees will be.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

What is being reported here today is that some of the human remains that have now been recovered have signs of burn marks on them which suggests an explosion :( :( :(

Nobody is using the "T" word - yet - but it seems it could be looming closer.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I tend to be very cautious when I hear anything that is reported by Egyptian Government officials. At the time of the incident there was a report of a seaman on a ship in the Med saying that he saw what looked like flames in the sky. I have not heard anything further on that report but, if it was true, it could have been caused by any one of a number of things including, electrical fire, airframe failure, something in luggage igniting, or even a terrorist device. But nobody has claimed responsibility. This is unusual because even if it was not a terrorist device they may claim to be responsible just to further their aims of spreading terror around the world, particularly to airline passengers.

So it is still very much an unknown cause.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hardly being talked about on the news here now. Am sure a definitive analysis will come out soon but it is odd that none of the terrorist groups are not laying claim just to keep their mission of terror out there.