Cycles

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Cycles

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've been pondering the ways of the world and thinking how all great societies have ebbed and flowed - Greeks, Romans, British Empire and lastly how the USA has ruled the world. All seem to progress through stages of adhering to religious, warrior, intellectual stages but ultimately everything comes to an end as another group rises to significance?

I'm thinking now we're seeing the serious crumbling of the influence of the USA and it is poised to further decline.

Who do you think will now start to influence the world in an overt obvious way?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Cycles

Post by Horus »

Definately China in years to come.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm kinda thinking the same. The days of the USA are numbered and I think we're on the brink of seeing it slide in the next few decades down. Right now China's economy is slipping but I think it is a momentary slow down and they are going to continue to grow and expand until they become and super power that basically calls the shots in the world.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Of course the flip side to any economy is that when it's based upon cheap labour costs, the economy thrives, but as the expectations of the populace rises and they too demand more money and better conditions, then their economy has to compete on a world basis as their own manufacturing costs start to rise. You only have to look at the price of most Chinese goods on the likes of Amazon to wonder how on earth someone can make and ship something so cheaply.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I think as China is slipping a little, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia seem to be thriving, especially in the technology industries, making them economically stronger than ever.
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It all does seem to go in huge cycles. China is coming ahead overall (although I agree they've momentarily slipped back a bit) and how they can make a product super cheap and mail it out is beyond me however they're doing it.

I wonder where in a few more decades we're going to be when we run out of poor countries to do our cheap manufacturing?

Everybody wants to come ahead but can we actually ever get there where we're all fully equal and living in middle class houses?
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Fully equal ??? haaa haaaaa - that is a joke LLL ? China will be he top nation IMO. They will never starve as they will eat anything. They will live in the most awful conditions and not complain - - yes, China.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

China is coming ahead. They have a plan, are methodical in implementation, heartless in negotiations and WILL put the collective ahead of the individual.

As for the people eating anything and never complaining - ummm well - if I lived in as difficult and impoverished conditions as they did/do I'd eat anything too. If they do complain it isn't like nobody listens - sadly SOMEBODY does listen and then you find yourself secreted away in the middle of the life never to be heard from again. If lucky you're moving rocks from one pile to another for the rest of your life IF you're lucky enough to get outside to even lift rocks in the first place.