New Pope

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

New Pope

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Seems today a new Pope was elected who is from Argentina - the Americas. Going to be interesting how this man's perspective on the world and life experiences will play out in the Vatican. It is also my understanding that he is Jesuit.

Not being Catholic I don't understand the differences i.e. Dominican, Fransican, Jesuit

Are there major differences and will the new Pope's background and affiliation with the Jesuits sit well/fit well with the Vatican?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: New Pope

Post by Horus »

It will be interesting if he declared that the Falklands were an Argentinian possesion, or better still if he came down on the side of free choice to be allied to whom they wished to be a part of. :lol: However Popes never make any statements that are controversial, so it will just be another example of placating the faithful and avoiding controversy. So it will be more of the same, keep the poor in their place by denying contraception, keep them illiterate and in fear of eternal damnation, that way you maintain control. 8)