The up-coming US Election here

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

The up-coming US Election here

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The US election is less than a month away. The entire country seems pretty divided over who will lead the country back to 'glory' (if you will).

This was a 'forward' to me via email and is kinda self explanatory.......

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: The up-coming US Election here

Post by Horus »

It will be interesting to see if the peoples general backlash against Obama and his policies will actually result in someone with extreme views being elected, I am not sure that I would be over happy with the other guys finger on the button and I did enjoy watching Sesame Street. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

OMG the 'talk' has gone crazy here about everything! Tonight is the Vice Presidential Debate and it'll get really wild depending on who is perceived to 'win'!

Another tidbit - apparently the word/term "Big Bird" is copyrighted and somebody somewhere somehow is trying to sue somebody in the O team for using it without permission........And then the GAMES BEGAN!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I reckon that copywriting the word "Big Bird" is a joke, how can anyone copywrite a word? only in America ;)
Here in the UK travelling on an aircraft has been known for years as going on the "big bird" when referring to flying, so should we be suing the makers of Sesame Street for using our British slang term for an aeroplane? :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

OMG - the VP debate last night had the present VP "GIGGLING" and "LAUGHING" his way though it!! OMG - what a bunch of "MALARKY" (to quote Joe)..................No wonder the USA is not longer respected in the world! One can only imagine what this buffoon is doing behind closed door if this is what he is doing on TV!
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

I have never understood how Americans can be so verbose and opinionated about politics and elections, spending billions of dollars on campaigns, and then practically no-one votes! Crazy!
Carpe diem! :le:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Obama has been campaigning for 'at least' the past year if not his entire Presidency. The past 6 months has been pretty intense and thank heavens in 3 weeks the election will be OVER and FINISHED! The millions, billions, trillions spent on campaigning is crazy and since it happens every 4 yrs to the day everything is scheduled and put out there like clockwork.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Two more days and ALL the palaver, talking, conversations, verbosity, accusations, jibes and plain old blah blah blah will FINALLY be over......

This election in the USA sure has brough out lots of heat by both sides will be good once it is over.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

We get so much coverage over here that we would be better qualified to choose your next president than most Americans would be, it's just wall to wall at the moment and I predict Obama re-elected but with a lot smaller majority, barely scraping in so to speak.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Believe it or not the US Election was ALL that was on TV in english in Mexico. It is all over Canadian TV too........it is like the cyber message I can't escape. I feel the same that I'd be more prepared to vote than the average American.

Amongst the people I know who are voting it seems most are wanting Obama. That being said it seems the west coast of the USA tends to vote "Democrat" as the west sees itself as more 'liberal' than other areas of the USA.

I'm impartial as to 'who' gets in I just hope whomever does have the brains and ability to move the economy to stronger footing. The Canadian economy is tied to whatever the 'Mericans do and I truly hope the next Administration does something POSITIVE with the economy.

To my own observation the past 4 yrs has created, in the populace here, a real 'dependence' on handouts from gov't. Daily I've dealt with more than I can count totally able bodied persons quite capable of leading productive lives who have opted to live off the gov't dole. Got tired of hearing on a daily basis how "I" meaning "ME" personally need to provide for and to them to meet ALL their needs. Honest it was openly verbalized what was needed, wanted (as in Ipads, fully modern cell phones, TVs, transportation) and expected from the gov't with bitter comments about how life sucked that all of these needs were not being instantly gratified.