Syria....an earthquake to come?

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel

Syria....an earthquake to come?

Post by jewel »

With president Assad holding on tight and forecasting dire consequences to follow any intervention ....will it cause an earthquake in the area, with aftershocks felt far and wide?
Things seem pretty heated there at the moment but Assad feels international intervention will be destabilising, I'm sure he is right there.....this may be a very tricky situation indeed

I suppose time will tell...........

"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

He is just resisting an inevitable tide of change, whether or not that change turns out to be good or bad only time will tell. My own opinion is that although some changes have or will take place in the Middle East region, the overall effect will mean more instability and poorer standard of living for the average person living there, current examples seem to show that people are not getting the changes they had hoped for.
jewel

Post by jewel »

Agreed H .....it seems that control is being lost all over the middle east and what will replace these regimes may be much worse .........whatever the outcome it will remain volatile and unstable for the foreseeable future. :)
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think often about the "Arab Spring" and I truly wish them all the best but as regime after regime topples I'm not sure that the forces coming into being to replace what WAS there is going to be any better. I hope it is but I'm not too sure.

What bothers me most is that in some countries (Syria) seems to be ok with the military beating up and torturing children, women and ordinary civilians. It is one thing for a soldier to fight another soldier in battle but what is happening in the middle east is not ok by any standard of human decency.

What also bothers me is that the NEW regimes could be equally as cruel and inhumane.

Our TV news here has nightly reports re: Syria and news clips about the torture the regular normal people are experiencing. I don't have words strong enough to be able to say how disturbing this entire scenerio is.