BritBox a challenger for Netflix

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

BritBox a challenger for Netflix

Post by Grandad »

Not something I was aware of but apparently BBC and ITV have been collaborating in setting up a platform similar to Netflix making an archive of programs available to view. The monthly charge will be £5.99. I doubt if I will subscribe, we find enough to fill our viewing hours with just Freeview. Any of you other folks likely to be interested?
Where I think Netflix and Prime score is their original productions which tend to be very good. :up

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: BritBox a challenger for Netflix

Post by Horus »

I agree Grandad, Netflix and Prime do make some very good original programmes, not sure I would want to pay the Beeb and ITV to watch a load of old programmes there are enough of them on most days. Having said that the other two are mostly recycling the existing list of films and after a certain amount of time you also start to struggle in finding something you like. I can always remember the Sky channels such as National Geographic, History, etc. when they would show all of the Egyptology stuff and I couldn't get enough of it, but after about a year or so you had watched it all before (probably several times).
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I'm quite happy with all the tv channels and Netflix ( I get that free through Roy ) not forgetting BBCiplayer

and for a while now been watching a lot of videos on Youtube mostly each one lasting an hour, so enough to

keep me going :) :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Britbox has been being advertised here as the latest thing to watch. Couple of friends have it and are probably watching lots of shows they haven't seen before.

I find I'm getting tired of all the History & Nat Geo shows that are on here as most are being recycled over and over and over. Netflix it my primary evening watching venue. It usually has something new I haven't seen but I have re-watched a couple of Series that I enjoyed and then didn't see for a couple of years. I enjoy the ability to binge watch them.

We were inundated about a year ago with "CRAVE" which was a Netflix competitor. I watched the 1 week free viewing they offered in attempts to get you to switch from Netflix but many of the shows were the same so Netflix remained.