Advertisements

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Advertisements

Post by Mad Dilys »

By and large I avoid television advertisements if I can by recording my favourite programmes then fast forwarding the ad breaks when viewing.

But there is one advertisement I absolutely love. It may be corny but the acting and editing is super.

It's a little girl buying a bar of chocolate for her mother, who is anxiously watching and waiting outside the shop.

The child asks in a trembling voice for her present. The gruff looking bearded cashier puts it on the counter and the little girl puts all her tiny treasures beside it for payment, which he takes and as she turns to go says "Your change" and replaces a little model Pegasus to the relief of the child and she leaves.

Barely a word spoken, and no music. Wonderful.

Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Advertisements

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have the TV on quite a bit for background noise during the day. Can't stand commercials either but over the decades I seem to have adapted somehow to screening them out. I don't really pay attention to the TV but can successfully avoid commercials.

Occasionally on History channel of an evening I might watch a program I really want to see which is typically spoiled by ALL the commercials inserted (especially towards the end) about ever 5 minutes into the program. I swear there is 45 minutes of actual program that is stretched out to 90 minutes by all the Ads. Mostly I now only watch Netflix which is (so far) Ad free.

The only Ad I rather like is a Beer commercial watching the Draft Horses pulling a wagon or running in a field. I think it is Budweiser Beer. I do love the horses they feature.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I remember seeing a programme about the Budweiser Clydesdales years ago on I think the History Channel. At the time I think the beer company was under new ownership and they wanted to get rid of the horses and become more modern.

However the famous horses got a reprieve after an outcry from the public who wanted the Super Bowl Adverts featuring them to remain.

I might be wrong about the detail above, but they really are absolutely superb animals.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Those horses are gorgeous and look superb when they're all decked out pulling a wagon.

Way back when when I was in University there was a local beer brewery. Don't remember the name but they maintained a team of 8+ percherons. Any occasion or parade they'd have them pulling a wagon advertising their beer. Always the highlight of the parade (to me). The harnesses were also ornate and full of bells, horse brasses and all shining bright. Loved how they'd do up the manes and tails too. Lots of GLAM!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I actually just Googled it to see if I could come up with the name of the Brewery. This doesn't seem to me to be it but it is close:

https://www.davidcarson.on.ca/file.aspx ... b3c177d297
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Shires and Punches, fantastic beautiful horses and the farm machinery, and war horses, of times gone by.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The most gorgeous horses and carriages can be seen in the Anhauser Busch brewery in Busch Gaedens near to Tampa Florida, they are a sight to see and so well kept. :up