What ARE they doing with cameras these days?

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

What ARE they doing with cameras these days?

Post by Grandad »

Sorry girls, a bit of boys stuff, but what are they doing with traditional cameras. As you know, I have a Fuji X10, a brilliant little retro style short zoom compact with a fast F2 lens and a clear live viewfinder (LVF). Fuji improved this with the X20 but the basic camera was the same. :up They have now gone to the next version, the X30, which now has an electronic viewfinder (EVF), WHY?

Looking at the cameras on offer at Currys/PC World today I found that, apart from DSLR's, there was not one camera with a LVF, most had EVF's or many had no viewfinder at all, even some costing nearly £400.

In many situations the screen and the EVF are all but useless and I cannot understand why the manufacturers have gone so far away from the traditional LVF. Perhaps just following the Smart Phone system of screen only, also pretty useless. :td :td :td

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What ARE they doing with cameras these days?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Not applying my argument specifically to cameras but I think the constant change is designed merely for consumers to have the latest and greatest. I think there is a sufficient segment of the population that thrives on always having the absolutely latest means they have always change something on a product to justify bringing out a NEW(er) model.

I think with phones and cameras it is easy to make simple changes yet brings out the new model for consumers to buy.