MONDAY ... waiting for my news of your weekends ? ?

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

MONDAY ... waiting for my news of your weekends ? ?

Post by Jayway »

Hello, hope you all had interesting weekends and will be posting soon ? :D

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: MONDAY ... waiting for my news of your weekends ? ?

Post by Horus »

Hello to you to Jay and I hope that you also had a good weekend :up How about starting us off with an update of how you are improving (hopefully) and how your own :) weekend went in sunny Portugal?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Watching the rain pour down, packing, visiting, packing, watching the rain pour down .....

Might get a chance to pop in but if I don't cause I can't see you all in a couple of weeks. Will be on a virtual keyboard too which might really curtail my keen insights, witty repartee and brilliantly posts ;) ;) ;)

1am and it is STILL raining (Monday night) - waiting for the Transport Van to the Airport - (and I sure hope some sun by tomorrow)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hope you have al lovely holiday AWAY from all the RAIN ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I had a lazy weekend :) but tomorrow Wed I'm going to Aberdeen with Roy & David, Roy is due his op & will be in hospital as a day patient so I have plans to see some historical sites while we wait on him to be ready to come home.........that is if David is up to it trekking around with me.

Hope the weather is kind to us :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

@ Kiya, I would think that David is used to being dragged around the sites with you by now :lol:
Regarding Roy, not prying but hope it's nothing serious requiring a hospital visit?

As for myself I spent most of last weekend planning a holiday in Dorset, lovely place, a small thatched 17th century 'Squaters' cottage grade 2 listed :up
Inland, but very close to the coast (about 4 miles) and very near all the other major places to visit Isle of Wight, Chessil Beach, Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Weymouth etc.
It is well off the beaten track along a private road with a huge garden and surrounded by fields, so it should be really safe for Annie to be off the leash when sitting in the sunshine :urm: (hopefully) and sipping my Shiraz and chilling out. :up Two! yes two dog friendly pubs within half a miles walk of the place down country lanes and a wildlife reserve accessed from the bottom of the garden, what more could you ask for except some nice weather. Hopefully some good photo opportunities hunting for fossils around Lyme Regis with its crumbling cliffs and maybe some wildlife shots :)

As I will be passing High Clere Castle (the setting for Downton Abbey) and home of the Caervarvon Family most famous for Lord Caervarvon who sponsored Howard Carter's work in the V.O.K. and opened the tomb of Tutankhamun with him, I may pop in for a visit ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Well I really hope the weather keeps up like today , sunshine most of the day & calm.

As for Roy when he had his appendix op they made 3 incisions, since that op one of the incisions has weakened things inside & now has a hernia, they want to operate now before it's any worse.........really quite simple we hope :up

Horus I want to come with you to that old old thatched cottage, will you be cooking for yourself on an open fire ;) it would be brilliant.

And High Clere Castle a beautiful building..............( I'm jealous ) take plenty!! photos
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I love Dorset H. :up Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door, Tolpuddle, Dorchester, Portland Bill and the Jurrasic coast. Lovely part of southern England.
Will you be making your way to Abbotsbury Swannery? You have shown some great swan pictures in the past and the swannery should be a graet opputinity for some more. Hope the sun shines. :lol:
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I won't tell you what was my main occupation at the weekend except to say it necessitated a telephone consultation with my 'doc' and a blood test tomorrow. No, I'm not dieing but if I don't lose some serious weight, i probably will. ;)

Today was good though. i had an appointment in South London so, two birds with one stone, a visit to Bluewater on the way home for Mrs G to spend some money. She has no probs in that department. We had a really good lunch at Loch Fyne seafood restaurant, so today was most enjoyable. :up

Nurse Dracula in the morning :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've arrived (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico), checked in, unpacked, had a quick run around the outside and am now down in the lobby waiting for the restaurants to open and am on one of the courtesy laptops vs sunning in the last rays of the evening setting sun by the pool
coz
it is

FOG and RAIN!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More to come ................ feel like I've got a black wet cloud hanging over my head..................
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

@ Grandad, wow that's sounds a bit ominous, glad everything seems OK though, bit of a shock with the old ticker no doubt? Anyway glad that everything seems to be OK and a few donations to the vampire department will be a small price to pay.

As to the holiday location, I agree all of those places are lovely and all are quite near to where I am staying. I did not know about the Swannery so thanks for the heads up, I will definitely put it on my visiting list. I love the Jurassic coast and spent many happy hours with Mrs H searching out the Ammonite fossils in the mud slides below ‘Golden Cap’ just along the Chesil Beach from Lyme Regis and Charmouth. It should be a pleasant drive down there and I am already really looking forward to the holiday.

@ Kiya, glad it nothing too serious with Roy, but as you say it is something that needs dealing with sooner rather than later and he should take great care not to strain himself in the future by lifting anything heavy, easily done when your in engineering.

As to the cottage, well it has a flame effect fire so no cooking over that, no doubt to do with the insurance and having a thatched roof. I do plan to prepare a few nice meals and take them with me, but eating in the local pub and hopefully a few al fresco barbecues should see me OK, plus no doubt I will be noshing during the day whilst out and about depending upon what is on offer locally.

You would have been most welcome to come, but as you can see there is only one bedroom with a double bed and being a gentleman that would mean I would have to sleep on that sofa and I quite fancy sleeping in that bed with my feet hanging out of that little window. :lol: :lol:

Edit: Just seen LLL's post, glad you arrived safely................. things can only get better ;)

The outside

The inside downstairs

The upstairs
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

That looks very cosy H, and the interior has been comfortably furnished and decorated.
When I see the interior of such cottages I can cast my mind back several hundred years to what it was like at that time. No doubt it housed a whole family with no mod cons.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No doubt it would have looked like a hovel when it was first built, it is described as a 'squatters' cottage, so no doubt hastily and illegally erected on the land by some poor soul.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Hello, Horus your cottage looks very interesting, where is the kitchen, you dont have one do you ? Does it have inside plumbing? As for you Grandad, wish you luck and hope you feel better and thinner shortly . . Well, LLL what a nightmare . . . . are you in the monsoon season? Did you get that insurance that pays you for rainy days? I am so sorry LLL. I went to see my cardio guy today and we had a good talk. I now have atrial fibrillation, not SVT and as he changed my drug in December when I was in hospital, have had no rattle episodes (very happy) I have a different asthma drug to try, as the one I have used probably was the cause of my heart problem ( I HATE DRUGS ) I am getting fitter, chasing hens from my garden ( have to cut feathers again) walking down the ground to examine ( and test ) the farmers fava .. and squidging in the mud down by the well, one good rain gives us a stream . . . Sun tomorrow, have sofa covers in the machine. Almond trees in bloom, alls well on the farm . Oh, I forgot, spent Sat walking on the beach and dodging waves, it was a lovely day.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Glad your on the mend Jay, do you take Glory onto the beach with you?
As to the cottage, well yes it may look a bit ancient but it has all mod cons, :up I won't have to poo in a bucket and chuck it over the nearest hedge, :lol: :lol: that brick building on the side is actually a very well equiped bathroom (well shower room) and it does have a very neat but small kitchen with full sized cooker and fridge plus a ding box and sink unit. It is located to the left of the room at one end as seen in the interior image, those bedroom stairs actually pass over it, I will have to try and post you a few more images of the inside. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe the cottage looks really quaint...............hoping to see many photos :)

Roy got home last night, for a while in hospital his oxygen was low so fixed him up with the mask etc & strapped up with a drip with morphine & pain killers.

Of course feeling sorry for himself today ;) & muah running after him with every beck & call :lol: , he is still in pain but, will soon be on the mend & back to work in 3-4 weeks :)

Glad to hear Jayway your feeling so much better :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

At least Roy will be getting the best of care now that mum has charge of him :up wish him a speedy recovery
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks Horus :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Woo hop the fog has gone!!

Now it thunder and torrential rain!! (Was some Sun this morning)

Do not know which weather God I annoyed but enough!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh dear LLL, as the song goes "things can only get better" ;)