One I Just Baked

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

One I Just Baked

Post by Grandad »

Well, like Horus I thought I would get your attention. But this time away from all that baking stuff that I cannot join in with because I have never baked anything in my life. :( ;)

When we go off on a short break or a holiday, the one thing we miss, is up to date music. The kitchen radio is on at home for every waking hour. I download music onto the tablet but the sound quality is rather poor.

I have just bought this little device to give us better music quality when on our travels and I am SO impressed I want to share it with you. Here it is...

It is bluetooth driven from a tablet or mobile phone, it is just 6cm diameter x 5cm tall and weighs just 220gram. It has a micro SD slot so can be used as an MP3 player. It paired immediately with my tablet (I didn't need to do anything that the instructions said) It has a great sound for such a small device (provided you keep it just below maximum volume) and it cost just a tenner, delivered, on ebay.

What devices do you folks take on your trips so you can listen to the things you like???? Without having to have buds in your ears :(

:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: One I Just Baked

Post by Kiya »

Oh that looks a right neat little gadget and not a bad price too :)

Apart from my camera I don't carry anything special, Roy has a pile of my CD's from the 60's - 70's in his glove compartment that we both enjoy :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya wrote:Roy has a pile of my CD's from the 60's - 70's in his glove compartment that we both enjoy :)
Get him to transfer them all to a micro SD card and put it in your mobile....'And she shall have music wherever she goes' :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: You shouldn't feel left out Grandad we have to have some topics for the ladies to get involved and not just our 'Boys Toys' :lol:
I agree that looks a dandy for the price you paid :up If I am on my own I will use an ipod when out walking, or a 'Walkman' or even an MP3 player it just depends, but of course you do need buds or headphones. I hate the buds as they don't seem to fit my ears properly (I must have weird ears) and the wires dangling about, so I have a set of wireless headphones which are very light and comfortable to use, they come with a tiny transmitter that you plug into the audio output on just about any device and it relays the music beautifully, I can even use it on the TV.

I also have a small set of stereo speakers that clip together or used seperated and these can be plugged into most audio outlets although they do have wires to them. I also have portable CD players, but rarely use them nowadays and I have a portable CD/DVD video player for the car, again rarely used. I can play music on my tablet, but never bother with it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have a small ipod that uses the ear bud things that constantly fall out my ears which makes music listening enjoyment rather difficult.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

What appealed to me about this was the bluetooth capability, the micro SD slot that makes it totally portable, and its small size with acceptable performance, making it very suitable to drop in the suit case.

Walkman H? Would that be an original audio tape version? I transferred any audio tapes that I wanted to keep to digital. On the video front I still have an old VHS recorder in the loft that I get down occasionally to transfer vhs tapes to DVD for my neighbours who keep finding tapes they want to keep.....and their VHS player gave up years ago. :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No this 'Walkman' is smaller than an ipod, but behaves very similar to one, it will show images and play films as well as radio and MP3 music and Podcasts.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

My little speaker needed a memory card to run as an MP3. I ordered an 8Gb micro SD from Amazon because those that I have are in phones etc. It was just a fiver delivered.

When it arrived today it came recorded signed for delivery which alone is probably £1.50 or more...so what is the real cost of these miniaturised memory cards? Time was when an 8GB would cost £30 or £40.

On another matter, H, have you received the new camera yet?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have everything else but the camera Grandad! all the small things such as new camera bag, 16 Gig Class 10 extreme HDSC memory card, 62mm Hoya UV filter to protect the lens front, two spare Li-oN batteries, a remote shutter release electronic switch, and a 62mm to 58mm step down ring to hopefully accomodate my other filters and save me a few bob, BUT ........................ no bloody camera! :lol: It amazes me that Amazon can get you all those smaller items chop chop from third party suppliers and they arrive within a few days, BUT ............................ a camera worth several hundreds of pounds they drag their backside on delivery even though I know it's in stock. Having said all that they do say it should arrive by Saturday, so what are you betting that I will be out tomorrow on my walk and the poxy Post Office parcel van turns up :lol: then I will have to go to the sorting officeto collect it. :xx

Quick Edit: It's now Friday morning and I am off out for a walk, all pre-arranged so cannot really cancel it. Just had a knock on the door and it was a special parcel delivery by courier! YES my new camera has arrived, had a quick unpacking session and it really does look the Bee's knees :up The only problem is that the battery will need charging before use and I dare not go out and leave a new battery & charger on just in case it were to overheat. So now it will be mega frustration being out on a walk and thinking about my new camera and even worse that I will have to wait until the battery is charged before I can try it :( I have a sneaky suspicion that todays walk may be shorter than usual. :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Having had one charger 'explode' Horus I, like you, never leave chargers ON and unattended.

Amazon are usually very good with their deliveries, my little card from a 'partner' company arrived in under 48 hours and as I said even by recorded delivery. :)

Short walk today, longer walks at the weekend then.....try that camera out to the extent of its capability and let us know how it performs...have fun ;) :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Oh new camera Horus...............look forward to seeing your photos :) :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Congrats on your eagerly awaited anticipated arrival! Looking forward to all the photos!! :up :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well the walk was really enjoyable, but I did not get back until about 5 pm, so it went straight onto charge :D
After checking the forum I shall insert the now charged battery and have a good play. :up