Sharing Photos

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Sharing Photos

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

As photography is an interest it also pleases me to share my photos. I know that many of you have gotten 'albums' via Hotmail however am also sure that some of you (i.e. Grandad) has never been able to open the thumbnails. I can't figure 'why' nor can I figure out 'why' now on Hotmail I can't make an album for the life of me.

I've been looking for another site that I can put my photos onto it and then either be able to send the album out or give everybody access to it AND it not necessarily be a 'social' website like Facebook.

A friend suggested this: https://windowssecrets.com/top-story/dr ... nd-photos/

Anybody have any opinions on this site? I haven't used it, was waiting for opinions about it OR anybody have any suggestions for any other sites?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Sharing Photos

Post by Grandad »

I started by using Picasa web albums and then when Google+ started, all the picasa albums transferred to Google+.
Google+ is also a kind os social media but I don't use that at all, just the albums. I can decide who will have access from specified individuals, family circle, friends circle, or the public at large. I also like it because it is automatically 'read' by my tablet so I always have a large selection of photos with me.
I am happy with Google+ and would recommend it. :)

Your 'circles' would need to be registered with Google+ so that they can access your pictures independently or you can send a link to an album. ie. This is some pics I took a couple of Sundays ago for my grandson (No 9) and his team mates. (I might have already posted this on here, can't remember :( )
https://plus.google.com/photos/11098780 ... 4971707921
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Sharing Photos

Post by Grandad »

As an afterthought LLL, it might be better if you copy and pasted the album address into your email. That should work the same as Google+ that I have included in the above post..

Just open an album, highlight the address in your address bar at the top of your screen, right click and 'copy', then right click and paste into your email...worth a try. :tk
:gg: