SEASONAL EVENTS

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

SEASONAL EVENTS

Post by Grandad »

Does anyone have any seasonal events going on near to where you live??

I seem to remember that LLL was going to a Christmas Dog Show but I don't recall seeing any pics yet LLL :)

There was a 5 mile fun run near us on Sunday with entrants of the whole range of abilities. It was a charity event and well supported. Here are just a few pics of some of the entrants...

This is my youngest son at the halfway point and finishing. He is not a regular runner but just recently decided that he needed to get in shape a bit more. At 45 he was classed as a veteran and he recorded a time of 39.06 which I thought was pretty commendable....

This mum, daughter and grandchild completed the course in 52.31 and they were typical of the spirit of the fun runners.

Even some dogs went the distance and these three finished in 46.10. The last picture is of the 'race' winner, a club runner, in 26.07.

I felt worn out just watching them :lol:

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nice little snippet Grandad, your son did really well especially as he was out of training, so no doubt he is really chuffed with his time. I like the Mother, Daughter, Grandmother entry, they also did very well, but I bet it was Grandmother who pushed the pram most of the way. ;)

The little dog did well, :) my little mate would have done 4.5 miles then expected me to carry him to the finish. :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Well Done to everyone & your son Grandad, is now going to keep it up?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhhh I think I'm breaking a sweat meself just from seeing the pictures Grandad. Almost out of breath too! :)

As for yearly events we just had our office Solstichristmashanukawanza December event after work today. God forbid anybody 'might' call this a "Christmas Party" as we all have to be totally Politically Correct ALL THE TIME.
Silvermagpie

Post by Silvermagpie »

Really nice photos! Did you run along all the way as you were taking pictures? :mrgreen:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

RUN Silvermagpie? The only thing I RUN these days is A BATH... :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree with you there Grandad, :) in my case the only thing that runs is my nose :lol:
Silvermagpie

Post by Silvermagpie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: SEASONAL EVENTS

Post by Grandad »

A totally inappropriate place to post this but I could not see the point of starting a thread just to post a picture. :)

I looked at a cordyline on the patio the other day and for some reason it reminded me of that ill fated sculpture 'B of the Bang'. I thought the original was brilliant and such a shame that it was dismantled for being a safety hazard. :(

Anyhow, bit of a grey day today so here is my take on 'B of the Bang, Cordyline Style' :)2758

Doesn't come up to Horus' super proffessional submissions but I think it makes quite a pleasing picture.........but I am just an old bloke who finds pleasure in simple things these days.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It would have been well worthy of a new thread Grandad, a great effort :up I like things such as this where you use a bit of imagination to 'see something' in what was just an ordinary picture, a perfect way to spend a dull day ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Very good Grandad :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since Grandad resurected this thread AND since we've just entered September with all the little kiddies gone back to school - this IS, to me, like the start of a new years. Dunno 'why' I continue to identify more with the school year than with the calendar year but soon as the kids go back to school I tend to always start planning out the fall activities and the "what am I going to do?" this year?

What I AM looking to do this fall - 1) Holiday to Mexico end of Oct for 2 weeks 2) go with my daughter and the twins to a 5 week set of "Sand Turtle" swimming lessons in Nov with the twins (time to start teaching them to actually swim vs play always in the pool) 3) prepare for Christmas and the holiday season (for me I'll be back home living in Canada for Christmas this year) 4) Hopefully fit in a fall Photography class if I can find one that goes in the evening 5) Think about where in the world I want go to in late January/early February for a couple weeks and 6) prepare for the coming of Grandchild #3 mid-March

Whats on your plate for the fall/winter season????????????