Making calendars for 2012

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Making calendars for 2012

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Soooooo we all got the news today that our employer is not going to provide us with calendars, notebooks etc. for 2012. As there is no $$ left for this we're on our own to get or make our own calendars.

As the only 'tools' I have at my disposal are 1) my own photos 2) standard sized 8.5" x 11" white paper and 3) a colour printer is there any program anybody is aware of where I could make my own calendar (insert my own photo on the top of the page and then have, for example January 2012, February 2012 etc. below this? that could also be printed out on plain white office paper?

I'd love to make my coworkers 2012 desk calendars that can be kept by the phone........

Any ideas???

Silvermagpie

Post by Silvermagpie »

I usually use Photoshop to make my own calendars.
If you use Photoshop as well, I can give you the template.

I was going to paste some links to the calendar making tutorial sites & templates, but the message told me that I can't post links yet... :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Welcome Silvermagpie, nice to see we have another Photoshop user :) no doubt you can join in when we have one of our tutorials and discussion topics that arise now and again. :D

Sorry about the restriction on posting links, it is only done to stop spammers and web bots from posting garbage all over the site. Once you have reached 10 posts or so, it will allow you to add your links into the posts, just remember not to add any links to sites that are in conflict with this site, or any un approved advertisements. Keefy (the site owner) is fairly tollerant and just so long as people add links back to this site, he will usually allow links to members own web pages etc.

In the mean time, if you have any useful links you want to post just use the PM system and send them to me and I will put them on the site for you. :) Alternatively, just make a few more posts and you will qualify in your own right. ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I used Microsoft Office Publisher a few years ago to make/design my own calendars for family/friends using all my own photos.

It also lets you make brochures, flyers etc & much more.

Very simple to use & easy step by step guide.
Silvermagpie

Post by Silvermagpie »

Thanks Horus. Maybe I should post comments around the forum then :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I'll pm you the sites which might be useful for calendar making. :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Silvermagpie

Post by Silvermagpie »

Thanks Horus! :tu:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Your welcome :) and now you have notched up 4 posts ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Way KEWL.......Keep posting Silvermagpie - once you've racked up 10 posts I think you can post photos and links and get full reign on the thread.

We used to have Publisher - the one Kiya referenced on our work computers. When I went to get it I noticed that we are now barred from all sorts of things even including clip art. I've never used it myself but some workers do and will post a seasonal cartoon i.e. Christmas motif under their signature etc. Can't even do that now.

I have my own leather cover I used to put onto my yearly paper handout calendar but apparently we're not even getting these anymore. I've made my own desk pad out of a couple yrs worth of old saved ones but - geez - I really need a calendar especially when I'm out in the field trying to make future appointments.

We've all decided on principle to NOT purchase a calendar. Not a 'BIG' stand by any stretch but we've been nickle and dimed to death on so many things that should be part of the "business".......
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I don't blame you for making a stand against them penny pinching, :) bet your life that the fat cats will still be getting thier desk diaries, leather bound desk pads and executive wall charts, while you have to buy your own calendars. :roll: If it were me I would get one of those joke ones that have things like "no Mondays" because no one likes Mondays and two Saturday's to go shopping etc. that should upset them as you try to fit your appointments in. :lol: :lol: