A few more pictures

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

A few more pictures

Post by Horus »

We have just had a wonderful start to the Spring with two months of lovely weather, although it has become a little cooler and wetter recently. So I thought that I would post a few pictures of some of the things I see on my walks in and around our local area.

As we had some nice pictures from Grandad last month, so I decided to leave my own Bluebell pictures for later inclusion, so here are a few:
These are taken in a local wood where I often walk.

I quite liked this close up as it shows the actual colour of the flower that seems so difficult to capture in the dapled shady woodland where these swathes of blue flowers love to grow, sorry I can’t post the perfume which is wonderful and envelopes you as you walk along the paths.

I often walk along the canals and the way they have returned to a more natural state makes them a pleasure to walk along. I usually have my camera with me so boats feature a lot in my photographs of the canals.

This tranquil scene was taken as I returned home late one afternoon.

I liked this one of the two old men sitting on a bench and chatting away surrounded by the trees in blossom, although unfortunately the reproduction quality is poor.

These typify the endless vistas that you get when walking along our canal system.

What can be more quintessentially British countryside than to be walking along with the sun on your back, the bees buzzing and the honeyed smell of Fools Parsley and Elder flowers assailing your nostrils as you pass a weathered old stone marker post.

I often pass by old or historic buildings set in the landscape such as this church which sits on top of an ancient earth mound of pagan origin.

Or this family seat viewed across the canal with its manicured lawns rolling down to the water and the favourite haunt of my Grey Heron.

Often at this time of year I can catch glimpses of old farms or manor houses that nestle amongst the trees, usually it requires my zoom lens to take a picture, but they are often the anchor point to a circular walk in a couple of localities.

I love water and usually try to incorporate some in my walks, whether that be a lake, river, stream or canal. They constantly change with the seasons and the available light and I particularly like taking dark reflective pictures like this one.

Also as the year is just starting, it is great to see the trees fully clothed in fresh green leaves of every colour and starting to burst into flower. Bare earth is being ploughed and harrowed over ready for planting. Soon the crops will be starting to show, this field will have Indian Corn over 6 feet high by the end of summer.

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Horus lovely colourful pictures..........I'd like to see the field when the Indian corn is 6ft high if you please :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Will do Kiya ;)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Lovely

Post by Jayway »

LOVELY photos Horus, so green there - - all our corn is cut now and on the unused ground the weeds are a yard high, lots of prickly ones. My dogs and cats run in leaps and bounds, I have to wear wellies with my shorts !
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Terrific photos H! Love the blue flowers and the colours of the boats. Niceeeeeeeee!!!
jewel

Post by jewel »

What a lovely collection of pictures H with pleasant memories of a lovely spring....the bluebells were gorgeous this year as was all the blossom, and I agree about the water....I love to be near water in either rivers, lakes or the sea and wonderful in pictures.
Makes me feel like getting out the camera, and may well do shortly as having a sojourn in the islands off France.
I love the spring and early summer when all is fresh and green, when it gets later on in the season all looks tired and faded.
:)
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes Jewel, make sure you take that camera with you and upload us some pictures. :)