Cleaning a Camera

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Cleaning a Camera

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since I've had my new camera for quite a few months now I figure it is time to learn how to properly clean it. So far I've used the blowy thing (plastic rubber bulb) to blow off the camera and I've used the clothes to wipe off the lens'.

Is there anything else that I should be doing regularly to clean my Digital Camera? Is there anything that I should be doing each and every time to make sure the camera stays in top notch condition?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Apart from cleaning my lens occasionally with a lens cloth and my Skylight filter more often with a lens cloth or puffer brush when out and about, I just give it the occasional wipe over with soft cloth. I actually use a 'Neet' optical microfibre cleaning cloth available from Amazon which I also use to clean anything delicate such as PC & TV LCD screens, they are also machine washable when dirty. I also occasionally use a soft damp nail brush on any rubbberised parts such as grip areas, plus zoom and focus rings when they become a bit grubby, then wipe with soft kitchen roll paper. The main thing is to avoid using liquids or solvents anywhere near your camera, dry or barely damp cleaning only.