SHARE YOUR PICTURE

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: SHARE YOUR PICTURE

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I purchased my clam shell phone on a 'special' that also offered double minutes for the life of the phone. I'm POSITIVE most of these phones die within months but my phone has been a holdout and is still going - oh - 11+ yrs later. Am sure the company is totally P O'd with me cause every month they have to give me 200 min of talk time for a pittance. I really never talk to anybody on my cell phone so have well over 2000 minutes just sitting there. Having this gives me no incentive to purchase another phone. I'd need to buy the phone and then pay for a more expensive phone plan. Probably once this old old phone dies I'll think about another one. 'Til then I'm sticking with the 2 cans and string communication method.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

'Til then I'm sticking with the 2 cans and string communication method.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

11+ years? That must be some sort of a record. I don't lust for the latest thing in smartphones as many do. I have a 3G phone a couple of years old but never use the facilities that it will run.

It was noticeable in a picture of a queue for the new iPhone5 in London last week that everyone in the 'Q' was black or Asian. At £500 a shot there is some money around somewhere????
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That did attract some comments Grandad, it was a massive queue (several hundreds people were visible) and there was not a single white face amonst them! As someone commented later, the only white face was the woman in the high-viz jacket and she was probably Polish. :lol: :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

As some know I am a cloud spotter, beautiful cloud formations over the Nth Sea early this morning
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Very nice Kiya and a lovely straight horizon, :up it looks like a good candidate for clicking on your Curves pallet in the Toolbox and experimenting. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes I noticed that horizon Horus, dead level; nice piccie Kiya.....are you getting that book together of all your skies? :)

I keep the grid switched on in my eyepiece but I still usually have to do a bit of straightening. :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Re: my old clamshell phone. I'm holding out 'til I'm offered an updated phone and figure they can 'cash me out' on all my phone minutes :)

Some sort of phone went on sale here too and apparently sold out fast and quite a few people won't get their PHONE 'til Oct.

Personally I don't understand the NEED to have the latest speaking device I don't pay too much attention to what is the latest and greatest in communications.

Great Photo Kiya. I'm really starting to love your corner of the world given all your photos!!!

@ Grandad - you keep a grid on? How do you do that? You have a grid on when you're actually taking photos? Hmmm :urm: I have the Nikon D90 and don't know if I have this or not. I end up usually using Picasa's grid to square off what I've taken.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote: @ Grandad - you keep a grid on? How do you do that? You have a grid on when you're actually taking photos? Hmmm :urm: I have the Nikon D90 and don't know if I have this or not. I end up usually using Picasa's grid to square off what I've taken.
LLL, on my D5000 I find it in the menu as follows:-

Press Menu Button, go down to Custom Setting Menu, go to Shooting/Displays, then go to Viewfinder Grid Display. Click on this (with the OK button) and select 'ON'

I expect your menu is very similar to mine, this switches on two horizontal and two vertical grid lines. The objective is to assist with horizontals and verticals when composing a shot and also the 'Rule of Thirds' intersect points....
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thanks Grandad - not quite the same as yours but easily found once I had the general idea of where to look. WHO would have ever thought? ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad ....no ....no book started yet due to medical reasons since late summer last year, I've only recently started taking photos again.

If I'm not using the tripod when taking seascapes/skies from my window I often just rest the camera on the window sill, it helps a lot but still at times I have to straighten the horizon.

Now going to check my camera if I have the grid on the eyepiece.