SHARE YOUR PICTURE

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Whilst vacuuming the last of the autumn leaves on Monday there were three things that caught my attention. There was a woodpecker tapping away but I was unable to see him.

I noticed that a laurel bush was already showing buds opening, is this a first sign of spring?

There is a tree that creates an interesting silhouette but, not wishing to crib Horus' thoughts, I have collaged a picture with 3 of the dozens of editing options available in photo editors. Clockwise they are, Original, B & W, Stained Glass, and Graphic Pen.

PS: Kiya said
I would have got rid of the lampost shadow
Your photo eye is getting too sharp Kiya. :)

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lets hope it is the first signs of Spring Grandad :) I have had enough of this cold and now wet and gloomy weather.

Thanks for getting out and about to take some pictures :) pity you did not catch the Woodpecker, I have never yet managed to get one myself, but live in hope.

Don't worry about cribbing my thoughts, I probably cribbed them off someone else :lol: :lol: I agree about the interesting tree and especially like your various treatments of the picture, makes life a bit more interesting I always say.
My favourite is the ghostly white one ;)
bigken

Post by bigken »

Here's a couple i took the other week

Lake Windermere

Haven't a clue, just pulled over into a layby to take some snaps
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Great pictures Ken, I like the misty one at the top, but the bottom one of the sky seeming to meet the land is my favourite :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad vacuming the leaves its enough doing indoors :D love the way the 2 trees surround the smaller one. love all 4 but my favourite is the Graphic pen.
I wish spring was beginning to show here, its absolutey freezing today -2 & maybe more snow.

Horus did you not spot the gull?

BK lovely misty looking pics :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Horus did you not spot the gull?
What gull? :icd:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All the photos are lovely. I'd of sworn I put 2 onto here last night but ? I'll have to go and look for 'em again.

I don't see a gull either Kiya!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

There are a couple featured in the album pictures :) are you sure you added them to a post?
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

The seagull is in the 'snow and bench' picture. Left of centre - flying
Last edited by Bearded Brian on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:All the photos are lovely. I'd of sworn I put 2 onto here last night but ? I'll have to go and look for 'em again.

I don't see a gull either Kiya!
Gull? What are we on about now? :lol: :lol:
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Grandad wrote:Now Jojo, you have not been following the picture threads. :)

Kiya often posts pictures of the changing scene from her window across the north sea and a bench on the grass above the rocky beach usually features. I found it on Google earth so here you are, this is Kiyas Bench. :)

PS: I still have nothing to add here, bit brighter today so, who knows..... :)
Right I understand now :oops:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Bearded Brian wrote:The seagull is in the 'snow and bench' picture. Left of centre - flying
Good grief! how do you expect me to see that with my eyesight :lol: I thought it was a speck on my monitor ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Oh Horus stop it! :lol: :lol: seriously the picture is far better seen in full screen with the little added touch of the gull.
jewel

Post by jewel »

Love all the pics ....love trees in winter and skies....I know the shot of windermere but where is the one below, is it the sea?
The sea actually froze this year pretty amazing i got a few shots of that, but talking of gulls this is one I took in november walking by the sea - spot the gull? :)

"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I had to go back and look at Kiya's photo but now I DO see the gull and spotted Jewel's gull right off.

I swear I put both those photos of mine on here last night with a blurb about them being pathways in a local nature park. Many of the parks around here have boardwalks. We get rain so often that everything gets damp and covered with moss that makes it hard to walk on regular dirt trails and on the ground. Boardwalks help to preserve the delicate landscapes that take years to form particularly in the higher alpine areas.

I also like taking photos that do not have 'faces' in them. I think this facilitates more people being able to identify with the picture and see themself in the photo. Just my thought and I sometimes think I'm becoming expert in the taking photos of the back of people's heads! ;)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well they are here now :) I know what you mean about people in pictures, I rarely ever take them. It would be nice to see some more of that local park trail :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since others (other than me) are showing water photos I'm going to include a couple that I like. These were taken by me in Comox, British Columbia, Canada which is located on the east coast of Vancouver Island off the west coast of Canada. Beautiful small coastal town. A primary activity there is sailing, walking and the long boardwalks that carry you out onto the water are a favourite passtime.

I think this fishing boat was a bit nervous about getting bumped! ;) ;) ;)

This is part of the mile long dock that takes you out onto the sea:

I've spent many hours wandering up and down the different boardwalks out onto the ocean in the different coastal towns of Vancouver Island. From the vantage of these docks you can see any variety of waterfowl, boats, fish and marine animals too. At different times swarms and school of salmon will make the water bubble close to the dock.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lovely pictures LLL :) I wonder if the guy with all those bouys hanging from his boat uses then for marking nets or maybe Lobster pots? Do they go lobster fishing in that area? I would guess that with a mile long boardwalk that the tides must be fairly even in that location, I assume that it is a mile long following the shoreline and not out into the sea?

Interesting use of the word 'boardwalk' or as we would call it a jetty or landing stage, although I am old enough to remember the song by the Drifters "Under the Boardwalk" which alludes to cuddling and kissing under the pier ;)
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Horus wrote:
Interesting use of the word 'boardwalk' or as we would call it a jetty or landing stage, although I am old enough to remember the song by the Drifters "Under the Boardwalk" which alludes to cuddling and kissing under the pier ;)
Glad it's not just me I was admiring LLL's photo of the Jetty thinking "where's the boardwalk she's talking about"! I thought Board walk meant pavement as in the tar-mac variety....I suppose it makes sense really doesn't it- BOARD WALK. :oops: :oops: :oops:
jewel

Post by jewel »

"under the boardwalk down by the sea on a blanket with my babe is where I'll be...................." ;)

Lovely pics LLL :)
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"