To Ruby Slippers

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

To Ruby Slippers

Post by Grandad »

RS, I thought it better to post this as a separate thread because it could get lost in the other one. It is about resizing pictures on an ipad. I don't have an ipad but my wife does and I have been checking it out.
I find that free Apps include annoying ads. The best I found is 'iphoto editor' which seems to be Ad free. You can get this via your 'App Store' app. The icon on your desktop is a blue square with a capital A.
This is a comprehensive editor but the resizing option is very easy to use.
The only downside is that you have pre-set sizes. I suggest that for landscape pictures you chose the 1024 option and for portrait shape pictures chose the 800 option. That should give you pictures that E4U gallery will accept.
If you have any problems I will try to help if I can by running your problem on my wifes ipad.
I know you have posted pictures in the past and it would be good to see some more from you. :up

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: To Ruby Slippers

Post by Horus »

I can also confirm that the sizes Grandad has suggested are nicely inside the maximum size limit for uploading to the Gallery which is 1280 wide x 960 pixels high for Landscape images and within the max height of 960 x 'whatever' for a Portrait image. :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks, Grandad! That's really helpful. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It seems to have worked OK :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well done RS :up I thought you might have the odd question but you seem to have it sorted. :up
But now we will expect to see a lot more ;) :lol:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thought you might like to see the other two in the set.
[Album][/Album]87798780
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

They are really lovely RS and I can't imagine how you achieve the effect.

What size are these that you have posted, to give me some idea of scale. And for someone who knows nothing about your obvious talent, could you briefly explain the process.

Thanks in advance :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Grandad, they vary a bit in size with the dragonfly being the smallest and the poinsettia the biggest. I suppose, without measuring them, they range between 16" wide and 22" long approx. It's a fairly complicated process, involving tracing, cutting, fusing and outlining. Once that is done, the panels are padded, mounted and bound. I will be running a couple of workshop days next year for my craft club, who have expressed an interest in learning how to make them, although the designs will be different, because these ones are copyrighted to someone else. I have chosen to design a Christmas candle design (by popular request) and a Stained Glass window effect.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

They are lovely RS you are very talented, I am sure that they look so much nicer than these photos show, are you able to lighten them a little as I can see some really nice detail that is being lost in your images. I tried to enhance the images a bit for you but unfortunately the file size is quite small so I cannot help in that direction, is it possible for you to do it on your I-Pad? perhaps Grandad can point you in the right area. ;)

As an aside and because you are probably still getting to grips with this posting lark, you do not need to click that ‘Album’ link to insert a picture into your post as all it does is put the open brackets into your text, just make sure you are using the ‘Full Editor’ option in the reply box and it will automatically show the ‘Gallery’ icon in Green. You then only need to click on the ‘Insert image into post’ option below the chosen image to have it inserted into your post. A word of warning though, if you insert an image as you go along it will be where you want it to be, but if you insert several at the end of your text then they all appear at the bottom and you then have to ‘Cut & Paste’ them back to where you want them to be, it can be a pain in the backside if like me you are usually doing a long post with images. :st
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks for the tips, Horus! The light was bad when I took the photos and I'm no photographer - unlike the rest of you! :lol: Yes, I found out about Full Editor after I'd posted these! :urm: I'll keep practising though. I think 2018 is going to be a very busy year for me, sewing-wise, so I will probably have plenty of opportunity to fiddle. :) I'll see what I can do to enhance these ones.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

And another one! :lol: You will all be cursing Grandad soon!
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Oh dear, Grandad! What have you unleashed?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am so pleased that we can now see some of your superb work RS. :up I second Horus's comment, you have a real talent.

As for editing, you will find at the bottom of the editing screen, where you have your picture, 11 icons for different editing options. The second is 'Brightness' and the forth is 'Contrast'. These are the two that you most likely need first. Try the others in due course as you get used to editing your pictures. The icons have the function beneath but I find them rather difficult to read. But that is probably just me. ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Yes, I found the icons ok, Grandad, thanks. And also many thanks on your kind remarks about my work. My sons aren't so complimentary. :td
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Absolutely GORGEOUS RS! Absolutely fantastic work! I can only live in hope I'll ever get to half of that :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Again some more really gorgeous works of art so thanks for making the effort to post them. These latest ones are a lot clearer and brighter which of course shows them off better, so now you have no excuse. All we need now is to coax Kiya out with her camera again and we will have a full crew of posters ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

WoW! RS these are gorgeous :) I especially like the overthrows on beds, beautiful colours :)