Mubarak Trial (Live)

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Mubarak Trial (Live)

Post by DJKeefy »

Mubarak Trial (Live) from Al Jazeera English (press play to start)

People with poor internet connection choose a lower quality (240 instead of 360 or 480)

<object width="600" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by DJKeefy on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Well up to now it seems like a right fiasco, the Judges did not even know who was defending who.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As you say Keefy, it is fiasco so far and it is very difficult to follow as the interpretation is slow and poor on UK channels.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Is the link still working? I'm seeing a story about a Randy in Spain looking for his birth mother!

I caught a really short bit at noon here on TV which showed what looked like Mubarak in a cage, behind bars in a court room.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have just tried the link again LLL and it seems OK to me. :)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

It now just shows the normal Al Jazeera English news channel (live) till the trial starts again.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

I watched some of it and gave up........not your'e link keefy that was fine, but watched some of it online..........WHY is he in a cage for gods sake?? here's a clue........hair done TICK..........makeup TICK........cage for drama TICK.........sons clutching Korans TICK............rightoe, lights camera ACTION !!!!
Call me synical but ............... :roll:
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Christine, I believe that the cage is normal for this type of Egyptian courtroom, but maybe someone can elaborate better on this. However it does all seem a bit OTT and tends to add the aura of a staged drama played out for the benefit of the media.

I also think that regardless of the outcome, or his perceived guilt, that displaying what are after all defendants, in this particular manner only serves to emphasise that they are already seen to be guilty. I am not saying that he does not have things to answer for and most charges are probably true, but displayed in this manner does not to me convey an impartial trial. I could understand them having to appear behind a protective screen for their own safety, but do ex presidents and ministers have to be displayed like this? he is hardly likely to try and escape at his age.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Yes all drama, it cant be anything else, all played out to just show the Egyptians that they are doing what they wanted :roll: some still dont believe it though, look at the guy who stood up in court and announced Mobarak is dead, he died in 2004 and the guy in the cage was an imposter, he demanded that a DNA test was carried out to prove it, another asked for finger prints to be taken to be sure that the people in the cage was the real people :roll:

All the talk on the streets at the moment is of the trial and nothing more, probably all Egyptians watched it on TV, It's probably the best thing they have seen on TV in years.

Episode 1 (who's defending who) - already aired

Episode 2 (repeat of episode 1 plus some extra drama) coming 15th August 2011
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My goodness! I think Mubaraks appearance in court is only surmounted by Hannibal Lektars appearance in court too (Sir A. Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs).....Good heavens is Mubarak apt to JUMP UP and create anymore havoc than he has already created?

Very dramatic, melodramatic, visually staged to draw attention....

Seeing him in the cage sort of is trying to give the visual impression that he is being really punished! yeahhhhh righttttttt.......

It actually went through my mind when I first saw him that he is in the cage to be protected from everybody OUTSIDE the cage! ;)