Just Finished Reading..............

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Just Finished Reading..............

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just finished reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo", "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and am 33% (as per my Kindle) through the last of the 3, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larson.

These are GREAT! Don't want to 'give away' the proverbial 'punch line' but if anybody is thinking of what book to buy and read over the holiday season and if you're into fictional entertainment reading these 3 are wonderful!

Has anybody seen the film? Does it stay close to the book?

Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Hi LLL. Chrrbd posted about the movie in the entertainment section some time ago. We both enjoyed the trilogy immensely. I was reluctant to consider the movies as I almost always prefer the sets and charaacters of my own visualisation. Btw I got my Kindle for my birthday in November and I LOVE IT. I can read in bed again. I have some nerve damage from a bad elbow fracture and I was struggling to cope with larger books and particularly hardbacks. The Kindle has solved all those problems. I'm so enthusiastic about it that I think Amazon should put me on commission. I tell all and sundry how great it is and I'm sure I've boosted sales.
Anyway back to the book, such a shame that the author died soon after completion. Let us know what you think of the third part when you finish.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I haven't seen any of the movies related to this. I have a terrific imagination when I'm reading a book and sometimes the characters in a movie don't convey the same to me......but will definitely report back when I finish #3. Cause of 'werk' being over the top I haven't actually had a chance to read a word of #3 in about a week AND I'm at an exciting part and it is killing me to get to the finish!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Steig Larson books were GREAT! I've read all 3 and thoroughly enjoyed all of them.