So Real!!! Maybe Not!!!

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am picking up this thread again because I had a dream, or really a nightmare, in the week that disturbed me greatly. There is an uncanny twist and that is why I have chosen to share it with you.

On Wednesday my dream included a fire, like a campfire, quite close to which was a tall stainless steel cylinder about 24 inches in diameter. Inside at the bottom of the cylinder was a very young baby clothed as a baby would be clothed. At some point the cylinder changed shape into a saucepan with lid. The lid started to lift as a lid does when a saucepan boils. I lifted the lid and the baby was inside beneath the boiling water…..

I thought about this in the morning and it upset me….I have six grandchildren, the youngest is two, and I could not bare any of them to be hurt in any way.

Next morning I read in a national paper about a woman, an alcoholic, who had caused the death of her baby by securing the child in its pushchair and placing it too near to an open fire. I shuddered and felt so sorry for that poor child.

Do you think there is any connection between my dream and the true story, both involved a baby in a constrained situation and both resulted in death from an open fire.

:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thats a horrible dream Grandad, not sure of any connection to the real story but on saying that I've had the same thing happen to myself with dreams & real life many times.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think right now with all that is happening in Egypt plus in our own worlds we have to be able to relieve the 'stress and tensions' this all brings.

Since the start of this Egyptian situation I've felt almost frozen. It has really affected me profoundly as I DO KNOW how the Egyptians live day by day and I can fully appreciate the will, determination, strength and incredible courage it has taken the Egyptian people to try and recreate a NEW Egypt for themselves. I am so afraid they will not prevail and the WILL of the present Gov't will be unleashed on them over the coming months in horrific ways they will never be able to overcome.

I think Grandad that your 'dream' is enacting out your combined feelings of empathy for the Egyptians, your feelings of protection for your own family and realizing that sometimes in life we all experience and live situations that we can do nothing about related to situations we profoundly care about. I think your dream is expressing your feelings in a way that possibly verbally one can't.

How does one (and this is what is bothering me) express their feelings for the Egyptian situation? This is what is getting to me. How can one truly 'show' and 'express' their feelings for a totaly horrific happening that one can't do one darn thing about?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am not an authority on dreams Grandad, but that would indeed count as a nightmare! :? I don't think it has any direct connection, just a bad coincidence for you and a reinforcement of your bad dream. I always believe that as we sleep the mind is trying to make sense of everything thas has happened during the day, a bit like a computer organising its files. Lots of little bits that maybe don't quite fit in place are jumbled together similar to the fragmented files on your hard drive and when put together we experience these weird dreams or nightmares as the brain is trying to file the information away in our subconcious.
jewel

Post by jewel »

These kind of dreams or "nightmares" can be very disturbing, and had you heard the story about the alcoholic before it could stay in your mind.

Nightmares are often linked to events from our own life...even our birth process itself, and shock can stay in the brain for years, they are natures way of allowing us to express thoughts or feelings that we either push away in the day or are troubling us more than we realise. They can be a form of alert or warning about something -good or bad - to come. Also it has more significence if it reccurs.
It can be your body warning you eg a woman kept dreaming she was choking and when she gave up smoking the nightmares stopped :?
Also these kind of dreams may be linked to a past life.

With your dream in particular:

Dreaming about babies can symbolise our own life, psychologically we are in touch with the innocent, curious side of ourselves, the part that neither wants or needs responsibility, it can interpret as a longing on a spiritual level, of a need for purity

fire suggests passion and desire in its positive sense, and frustration,anger, resentment and destruction in its negative.

Could it be you are angry with yourself over something?

If you are aware of the flames ,you are aware of the strength and energy that is created, and of the heat, you are aware of someone elses strong feelings.
Fire in dreams often appears as a symbol of cleansing and purification, and the life-giving and generative power can be used to change our lives.
Sometimes it indicates the need to use our sexual power to good effect, and in the dream you had it may be expressing fears of a new relationship or phase of life, although that would apply more if it was you on fire.
"Baptism of fire" signifies a new awareness of spiritual power and transformation, which again fits with your dream
In dreams a pan signifies nurturing and caring and can suggest a receptive frame of mind, just as a cauldron can indicate a transformative process, the pan suggests the ability to combine several "ingredients" to make something completely different.
Any metal appearing in dreams represents the constaints and restrictions of the real world, most metals have symboloc meanings,often connected with the planets and their qualities eg sun gold(masculine) moon silver(feminine)jupiter tin (expansiveness)saturn lead(heaviness) and so forth.

Dont know if any of that makes sense to you :?
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
jewel

Post by jewel »

LLL ......in any situation all we can do is be aware that all things happening in this life good or bad are just temporary, and in reality an "illusion" and I just put one hand on my heart and the other on my solar plexus and say that "the way things are, are the way things are meant to be" and all you can do is to send out love and light to all those in such situations :) :D
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Thank you all for your very rational comments.

Jewel I am one of the worlds greatest sceptics when it comes to things 'super natural' but I DO find your comments interesting and worthy of consideration....Thank you.

I had definitely not heard about the real child dying by exposure to heat beforehand. Also I slept very soundly on the Thurday night and had no dreams whatsoever....Perhaps my subconscious worries had been 'cleansed'....
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Dreams are interesting. If I dream I rarely remember and usually the ones I do remember are cause I'm stressed, upset. Have had a few nightmares and those I tend to remember vividly and 'mostly' know I "AM" dreaming when I'm having them.

I think part of the problem with dream interpretation is that it goes by items being symbollic which is ok - but - the 'but' for me is that different things hold different symbolic value for each of us so I do believe to get a dream interpreted correctly the interpreter would have to know 'us' really well to know and understand how we 'see' and 'value' things.

(Just my thoughts cause I've never read much about dream interpretation and have never studied it at all)

Good insights tho Jewel And GREAT that you've now had a good nights sleep Grandad!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: So Real!!! Maybe Not!!!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread yet again coz for the past couple of nights I've had a dream - not sure it is the same dream but the basic premise of my dream is that I'm trying to get somewhere (not sure there is a destination actually).

Sometimes when I dream I 'know' I'm dreaming but in these dreams I do not know I'm dreaming but the 'feeling' is that I'm really trying to get somewhere, to do something (ok - NOT the tutorials ;) ) When I wake up which is about normal time so I'm not "starting" awake and am left with this feeling that I've been struggling.

Thoughts? Interpretations? Where is Jewel when you want her! :ni:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I reckon it is you subconscious coming to terms with your imminent retirement and all the changes that you will need to make. You are mulling over so many different things in your head, that when you go to sleep your brain is trying to get everything sorted out and as most of the thoughts are unresolved it cannot actually file the idea away, so it keeps wrestling with the unanswered questions even when you are asleep and this is the striving to get somewhere dream.

Yours truly Mystic Meg :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hey MM you're probably right. I have MEG-A decisions that are happening - places to go, people to meet, things to do and vistas to view......Woke up this morning just feeling rested and thinking about making a morning coffee.