Symbols

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Symbols

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was away visiting for the long weekend and happened upon the small sleepy retirement town of "Ladysmith." This is the main street on a busy Saturday afternoon:

This is pretty much a one, now closed, hotel town that saw it's zenith in the early early 1900's.

Now - why I posted in this section is that this is a popular decoration built into many of the buildings of this era here.

Symbolisms is pretty representative isn't it? Brings up 'imagery' that isn't exactly positive. One of the things that this area is known for is a system of underground caves as well as many old coal mining shafts from long ago when the mines were in operation. This has brought quite a few to this area who are interested in the occult. Many stories and lots of rumour of covens and occult happenings out in the forests. Had a few clients over the years brought in who were scared spitless having been exposed to some of the rituals and happenings of this area.

Those who are modern thinking tend to 'pooh pooh' this however there are many locals who swear it is alive and well and deriving power from the "symbols" of evil that can be found around.........thoughts?

Can what you don't believe in hurt you? Is there power in symbolism or is it just a fanciful pattern from the past that became associated with a terrible man?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Depending on the age of the buildings the Swastika decoration would not have meant anything sinister as it was only corrupted by Nazi Germany's adoption as one of it's symbols from around 1930 onwards. interestingly enough it has been used for over 3000 years and most, if not all Hindu Buddha figures have it on them, usually on the feet and I have seen one somewhere that has it on the chest like a medallion. There are still some Finnish organisations that use this symbol, but considering they sided with the Nazi’s in the war that comes as no surprise. 8)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

OOOO ! !

Post by Jayway »

Very nice, LLL. DO invite me on your next road trip, I would love to visit this place - - do they do Creepy Tours ?? That Lambretta scooter looks really scary - - :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Found in the art of ancient Greece, too.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

That 'Ladysmith' looks locked in time LLL. And I first read the sign as 'Bland Hotel'; would probably fit if it was still open. :lol:

But the old town seems to be on the tourist route with its own tourist website.

I have seen flags with the swastika flying in Seoul, that was probably Buddhist premises.

And does anyone know if there is any significance regarding which direction the 'legs' face?
:gg:
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Re the direction of the "legs"... it would seem not. Only when viewed on a flag, in conjunction to the flag-pole.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've also seen the swastika symbol (is that what the name of this symbol really is? or is swastika a name related to and/or applied during Nazi Germany?) in Trinidad. It is a common stylized symbol there used most often as decorations during weddings.

I have no idea if there is any meaning to the direction of the legs. Interesting to consider.

Ladysmith is indeed a small town locked in time. Many of the small coastal BC communities are like this. They're not old old as compared to a village in the UK but 100 years here makes a place real old. Ladysmith is a town you pass through on leaving Nanaimo en route to the capital Victoria. It is just far enough outside Nanaimo that nobody typically goes there and usually only passes through whilst driving to a bigger centre. Highly doubt one would ever see a Walmart or a Starbucks or even a MacDonalds golden arches there.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Wiki has a very full description of the origins of the swastika LLL. And the name comes from ancient Indian Sanscript,,,apparently. :)
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I just read the Wiki explanation re: Swastika and it certainly is thorough.