Do you believe in ghosts?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BillH

Post by BillH »

Horus wrote:Bill wrote:
I heard 3 loud bangs on the walls, while I was busy poking my finger into a huge cold spot in the room, trying to determine it's shape.
I don't suppose it was fridge shaped by any chance? :P :lol: :lol:
It would have been handy Horus, if it were.. We could have dragged a couple of beers out of it.. My colleague certainly looked like he needed one.. or 5 !

No, It was spherical, about 4 feet high, and right at the area of the room we needed to get to. Basically it was an oblong building housing electronic equipment that was mounted against the walls, only one pedestrian door in to the building, which was situated on a vast expanse of open fields.
After the bangs, one straight after the other on each wall, as though someone was hitting each wall in turn with a bloody big sledge hammer, we ran out of the door, I went right out of the door around the building, my colleague went left, and we met up at the back of the building, NOTHING to be seen anywhere ! No where for anyone to just hide, it was almost like daylight with the moon shining down, you could see for miles..
Security drove up in their Land Rover and asked if we were OK. We said "yes, fine"...
They said that they never came up to this part of the area if they could at all help it, the other one re-itterated the point by opening the back doors of the Land Rover and tried to set the dogs on a search.. they refused to budge.. These were properly trained dogs, not your "Group 4" security rubbish, these dogs were trained to kill if necessary..

Another thing that happened along similar lines, that for most have no explanation..
We placed some equipment on unfamiliar land, in the only place it could really be put. This equipment required a big generator to run it, and in order to do that, the equipment has to be earthed. Normally you would hammer a a couple of copper billets into the ground with an earth lead attached to them, and that would easily suffice. However, due to the ground being very shayley, we had to get the engineers to come out and drill a deep hole and reach better ground for the purpose of earthing.

so, while they were busy drilling I had made up longer earth leads and attached the billet and equipment, my colleague had gone to make up a copper sulphate solution to pour down the hole prior to dropping the billets in.
They finished their job and left us to it.

I have to stress, that at no point was this equipment attached to the generator, as a good earth has to be secured first, or you can kill the equipment, and there are rigorous procedures and tests and form filling to be done before the connections can be made.

So, my colleague checks my work, is happy I have done a good job on the earth leads. he pours in the copper sulphate solution down the holes and he gets one billet on one side and I get the other and we just drop them in the holes and walk off to get our spades, to back fill the holes.. next thing a huge bang ! and the equipment is smoking like it has just been dragged out of a fire ! quite probably just at the time when the billets found the bottom of the holes..

I was lucky, I didn't have to call those who were in charge and tell them about a multi million pound piece of equipment that had just gone bang.. after the initial rant, and my colleague telling them exactly what we did,
it was a case of "never mind, we will install a new one elsewhere" !!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Interesting, :) you were probably inadvertently tapping into some strange power source.
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

I dont recal any smell but it could well of been the first time I had seen a pipe, they wearn't a common feature in my household.
BillH

Post by BillH »

Yeah, You would have noticed it had there had been a smell, a pipe smell is pretty strong.

I saw a ghost once when I was walking down by the river with a friend, yet he saw nothing.. :?
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

My favourite one as to be a few years back when 'Coldseal' were fitting my new windows.
Two burly blokes came flying down my stairs squealing in sheer panic. While fitting the bedroom window the T.V in the bedroom made them jump when it suddenly came on loudly...what made them flit so quick was that according to them it was not plugged in at the mains! :) :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am just back from a visit to Canada and talked to a very elderly Aunt (90) who lives in an old old country farmhouse all by herself. She has lived in this same location all her life and the farmhouse is probably close to 160+ years old. Big old brick building.

Was talking to her about her health and continued being 'alone.' She contradicted me that she is truly 'alone' saying that she shares the house with 2 ghosts. She said there is a very old man and woman, like herself, whom she often sees standing in her kitchen and in her sitting room. She said they say nothing and do nothing and if she tries to approach them they just disappear. She said they have been living in this house for as long as she has.

By way of talking about them she swore they don't bother her at all.

She did not relate smells or sounds but she believes they are the original old couple who built the house on the farm.

As a child I spent lots of time living in this old house as this house and farm was also the home to my grandfather who came to live with his daughter, my aunt, when my grandmother passed.

My Aunt spoke of this in a very matter of fact way. She has the knowledge, she HAS seen them over time and just knows they are there.
BillH

Post by BillH »

Thanks LLL, that's quite a typical story I hear quite often, and yet still people are very skeptical :?

I think that if people are drawn to a property, then they may well have similar way of life to them, and there in lies part of the answer as to why we see ghosts. Living way out in the country also helps considerably I believe.

One lady here has asked me to post her story, and I will do when she has finished it. It is not unlike another story one of my teachers told me when he was driving through the north Yorkshire moor's close to where I lived as a kid, that is how we got started on the subject, after he asked me where I was from. Hopefully this lady will have her story finished soon and I can post it for her.

I mentioned on L4U a while back, that when I lived in a very old 16th C cottage, I would hear breathing at night when I was in bed. It never bothered me at all. My mum had a couple of experiences in that house, one which I though should have been a serene one, the other she didn't say too much, but I got the general idea and mother had the house Exorcised by the Bishop of St Asaph no less. I never told her, but the breathing sound continued.. ;)

I have had many experiences around this part of the world, some of which I will not talk about to just anyone, as it takes this topic to a whole new level !
I will one day start a topic on this, when the time is right..

mind you, I realised from about 2 years old that life was not what I have been led to believe it is. But therein lies yet another story and a strange Revelation that even I found hard to beleive when I took my grandson who was only 7 months old to to the long house we lived in back in the Dales, where the lady I called my Aunt now lives with her sister..

It comes to us all, eventually.. 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

I had some extremely strange experiences when I moved into my house...something definately didn't want me there.
My house was built in 1901 and I was only the third person to move into the house back in 1997. I was handed the keys on a Friday afternoon after the whole house had been rewired. I went straight in, put the gas fire on full (it was November) and started to strip the sitting room. After a while myself and my friend felt cold, I looked and the fire had been turned down to low. I assumed my friend had done it, I turned it up and continued...this carried on until I said something to her.....she hadn't touched it and thought I had turned it down.
As I went upstairs I kept experiencing a feeling like I had a hearing aid in and a sciatica type pain down one of my legs. I sort of just ignored it and continued along the landing into a room I had to go through before reaching the bathroom at the back of the house. Every time I passed a certain spot I fely uneasy. Anyway I sort of ignored it all, and after working for a few hours on the house (and pulling out a cupboard that had been built in with the house) myself and my friend decided to call it a night....finally turning off the stupid fire and locked up til the following day.

The next day...same feelings going up the stairs...plus wet patches and smell of pee around the toilet. Fire kept turning down again. Grill mysteriously turned itself off. Radio would be turned down and the floor sander i had hired to do the floorboards worked for about 5 minutes then just refused to work again. I called out the electrician who had rewired the house. He tested everything and all the appliances.....no problems, yet they worked very intermittantly. During this day I had various friends coming in and out helping me...all commented on feeling uneasy in a certain spot upstairs. I was beginning to wonder what I had purchased, my new first non-rented home wasn't going to be the idyll I thought it would be.

I will continue what happened on the following days tomorrow as it is such a long story. (and it is a story if anyone had said it to me I wouldn't believe it...but as I was there...I will never pooh pooh anyones storys of supernatural activity, ghosts, spirits etc whatever you want to call it ever again!)
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Ooooo looking forward to the next installment Lisa, although I vaguely remember it . :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ohhhhhhhh yesssssssssss I want to hear ALL the story with ALL the details! I can just tell this is going to be a GOOD 'Un!!
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ghosts

Post by Jayway »

OOOOOOO me tooooo Lisak , very creepy so far - - :co: - - next episode please - -
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And me! :) :)
BillH

Post by BillH »

Come on Lisa, don't keep an idiot in suspense.. 8)
(patience was never my strong point)
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Sorry guys...just got back in from a lovely morning at the theatre....late lunch then getting called into work until 11pmish.

Promise I will continue tomorrow :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lisak - the suspense is killing moi!!!
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Ok....so Sunday, I have quite a few friends around who have all been given jobs to do around the house. Music goes on and off and one girl in particular couldn't breath properly when she was near the second bedroom and hated going through to the loo. I must admit a few tinnies of cider and beer were consumed and we were all discussing various feelings/happenings etc when I decided bravely to get rid of whatever it was that was in my house...so armed with 2 friends, we went up to the spot in the room before you got to the bathroom and stood. I decided to use reiki thinking this might 'heal' an area or remove whatever/whoever was there.

(now this is where the story does become a little unbelieveable....but as I said it happened to me so I know it happened...with witnessses (but if anyone told me this, I would think yeah yeah and really how much had you drank??))

So I stood there facing the wall and I was pulled towards the wall like a pin to a magnet and my hands were stuck fast. The two girls I was with asked me what I was doing, I honestly did not know, but they tried to pull me off and I was going nowhere. My hands then moved of their own accord around the wall and eventually (after probably about five minutes) my hands came together and I distinctly remember saying "someone open the window"
The window was already open....none of us had opened it. I 'flung' out whatever I had 'picked up' and three of us stood there, mouths open. I asked if anyone else could see what I could see....they could. A thick foggy mass hung in the air and slowly was drifting away.

At the exact same time as all of this was going on, my friend Fiona was downstairs with her boyfriend and had an overwhelming urge to go outside...she needed the loo, but HAD to use the one outside. She went outside, heard a massive bang, looked up and raced back in, unsure why.

By this time the rest of us were making our way down stairs, all completley shook up, all wondering what we had seen. We were all very loud and all had varoius explinations on what happened, when I noticed that Fiona had gone very pale and was sitting staring into space. I asked her if she was ok....she wasn't, she said she needed quiet, we were too noisy (now Fiona was one of the loudest people I knew) the next thing my deckchair moved across the floor of its own accord. I told Fiona to look into the fire and get rid of whatever she had picked up....nothing. Anyway over the space of probably about half an hour and lots of laughing off what we had experianced and the drink deffo started to flow to calm the nerves, we all noticed that Fiona really wasn't right. Somehow I knew that she had to go back outside to where she was standing earlier...which just so happened to be directly underneath the window where I threw the 'fog' out of. She didn't want to go back outside, but I made her. She started swaying back and forth then said very quietly, my neck has been broken..........tbc
BillH

Post by BillH »

This is becoming a very good story..
I for one, really appreciate your openness in talking about this..

Very interesting.. 8)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

WHOOO HOOOO

Post by Jayway »

LISAK I am really enjoying this story, cant wait to see what happens to Fiona - -thankyou - :)
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Or if Fiona is still around :worry:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hurry up and get typing Lisa :)