Find your purpose

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BillH

Find your purpose

Post by BillH »

Here's a great video I found on YouTube.

The power of thought, not something encouraged by Authority, but once you put it to the test, all sorts of wonderful things can and do happen.

It's all about raising the frequency, then raising it some more.. Sadness, Negativity and all the bad feelings are a low vibration, not a place I want to be in that;s for sure..

I hope this helps.. 8)

In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

And speaking of Bill H where is he? Haven't seen him for a while.

Not that I've ever done this! :oops: :oops: :P but has anybody ever TRIED to focus their mind onto something to make it happen?
BillH

Post by BillH »

I know it sounds odd to most people, the explanation is quite long, but I have done and still do this. Right now I am very busy because I choose to be that way. 6 years ago, I decided to drop out of work, as I was fed up with working hard and getting nowhere financially, so one afternoon, I packed my laptop into a bag, took a look around the office and knew from that momnet I was not coming back to work. 6 weeks later and I was in Luxor on and off for the best part of 2 years. No money coming in and yet my bank account was fine.

A leap of faith prompted by my 6th sense, something we ALL posess, but for the most part, choose to ignore.

I am working again now, the job is great and the money is better, but then again, that is what I wished for at the time.. Got to keep the old grey matter challenged somehow... 8)
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
BillH

Post by BillH »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:And speaking of Bill H where is he? Haven't seen him for a while.

Not that I've ever done this! :oops: :oops: :P but has anybody ever TRIED to focus their mind onto something to make it happen?

Here's something to try...

Focus your mind on NOTHING !
It is very hard, something always pops into your mind, but with practice and the right environment for you, it can be done..
It may be that you listen to some music that you really like, or watch the flame of a candle.
When I was a kid, I stared at the setting sun while in my cot.. Now that was a wonderful experience for me, and I was only 2 at the time...
Of course, I didn't have too many human pre-conceptions then, so it happened quite quickly, less than a couple of minutes...

If I really want something, then spend about 15 to 20 minutes focused on your desire. Do NOT during the process contemplate HOW it will come to you, just trust that it will. once you have done that then drop the thought.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm not sure I can focus my mind on nothing. I am having a hard time coming up with concept of 'nothingness' and am not sure I can do it. Am not trying to be smart about this but if you focus successfully on 'nothing' wouldn't that mean you are asleep?
Miriamkhalifa

Re: Find your purpose

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

LLL I tried "mind over matter" and affirmative visualisation when I decided I wanted to write books. The pieces started falling into place almost immediately. I actually was contacted by a publishing house before I had even finished my first draft.
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And by all accounts you did a good job of it ;)
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Horus wrote:And by all accounts you did a good job of it ;)
Have to admit I had to do some writing in addition to the visualisation!!
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sounds great Miri! Had you submitted anything to a publishing house? How did they know to contact you?

How IS the book doing? In english yet?

And - how did you put into place the "mind over matter?" How did you do this? Did you actually 'say' anything out loud?

There is a theory or school of thought - Moral Reconation - boils down to the notion that you believe what you yourself say. You think it about yourself and say it AND when you hear yourself 'say' it you actually come to believe it. Lots more to "MRT" Moral Recognation Therapy).
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Sounds great Miri! Had you submitted anything to a publishing house? How did they know to contact you?

How IS the book doing? In english yet?

And - how did you put into place the "mind over matter?" How did you do this? Did you actually 'say' anything out loud?

There is a theory or school of thought - Moral Reconation - boils down to the notion that you believe what you yourself say. You think it about yourself and say it AND when you hear yourself 'say' it you actually come to believe it. Lots more to "MRT" Moral Recognation Therapy).

I had not submitted anything, I had just told on facebook that I was trying to write my first novel based on my experiences from Egypt. Got the gossip telegraph going... Then another author contacted me and offered to read it and give his opinion - he submitted the draft to the publishing house, who then contacted me and offered to assist me in developing the novel further. I feel very blessed, knowing there's so many who keep getting rejected time after time.

The book is doing very well, it has sold more than 11000 copies and is now out in paperback. As for translation- I don't hold my breath!! :D

I am now working on my second novel, "The porcelain girl".

I never said anything out loud, I just pictured myself with the finished, printed book in my hands :) But maybe I will tray speaking what I want to see/ achieve from now on :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WOW! That is definitely a fantastic story Miri and congrats to you about starting a second book and that is definitely a terrific way to have started your career as an author........I was hoping for a translation into english........'maybe' one day :) :)

Can you tell us the premise of your second book without giving away too much? :) And are you at the beginning, middle or end? (but having asked that I'm assuming that writing a book goes from front to end -maybe not? yes/no??) :):)
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

I think there are as many ways of writing novels as there are authors...! ;)

But I have written mine from beginning to end so far. I write a first draft, then i re-write it several times and in the end revise it further with my editor at the publishing house. The editor and I are to submit a final version by january.

"The porcelain girl" is about Kristin, a woman who, close to her forties starts to feel the change from "young" to "middle age. She has chosen not to have a family (in the story we eventually learn why), and fills her life with other meaningful activity - she wants to start her own restaurant called "Små Gryter" (Little Kettles).
She employs a young woman called Marta. Kristin doubts that desicion, as Marta comes from a difficult childhood in another part of the country, she has "escaped" and is looking for a new start. But gradually Kristin realizes it's Marta who is her most important project, rather than the restaurant.
This is also a story about mother-daughter relationships, destiny, and what happens to a person who has found meaning in life, when she loses that meaning again.
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

And if this works, this is the front cover.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The picture worked OK and the cover looks good :up no doubt that the ladies on here will want to have a read if it gets printed in English, so good luck with it. :wi
Miriamkhalifa

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Thanks Horus, I hope that will eventually happen, the only plan I know of so far is having it translated into Swedish and I don't know how many that helps! ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well just remember Mirri, that The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo was in Swedish ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Your book sounds wonderful Miri! I want to read it NoW!!! Love the front cover too. I can't put my finger on it but your cover appeals to me and is the type of cover I would be attracted to to purchase.

Terrific story line and even from the little you've said it sounds like your character development will keep the reading wanting more AND also have a positive ending (which is always nice as I like happy endings)........

I've often wondered how people write books. All of my writing is very technical and clinical. I never get a chance to use my imagination........maybe now that I'm retired.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Has anybody heard from Miri? Wonder how her trip went. Bet she has some terrific photos to share with us - hint hint Miri if you're seeing this :)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well done yet again MK - one day in English we hope :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm hoping when the english day arrives Miri will let us all know. I'm real quick on the trigger with Amazon.com :) Be terrific to read her words in english. The cover she has for her book looks real intriguing too.