holiday reps

What is it like to live in Egypt? Share your experiences of Egypt’s culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

eus

holiday reps

Post by eus »

:( does anybody know the regular haunts of hol reps i.e. cafes bars clubs i am looking for a thomson rep if possible thanks

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: holiday reps

Post by Horus »

The Thomsons reps will usually visit all of the hotels that they use in Luxor, either for those on a cruise who may be staying for another week, or for people just booking a hotel holiday. If you look on the Thomsons web site you will see that they use various hotels such as the 'Sheraton' the 'Sofitel Karnak' the 'St Joseph Hotel' and the 'Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel' plus others on an as and when basis. They also use the Sonesta St George on a regular basis and will often use this as a meeting place for tourist groups from elsewhere or as a meet up point for tours.
Here is the address and a telephone and fax number for this particular hotel, may I suggest that you put something brief on a fax explaining your plight and ask that it be passed on to any Thomsons rep when they next visit, good luck. :)

Corniche El Nile Street
Luxor, Egypt
Tel +20.95.2382575
Fax +20.95.2382571
eus

Post by eus »

thanks horus for the message and information will get in touch via this info regards eusx
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It has also been my past experience that not all hotels have their own Thomsons rep and often just a couple will do the rounds on certain days. This information is usually posted in the lobby area on a notice board with a time they will be there, also it is usual for them to be at the hotel on the day that people leave for the airport, so that is usually around 12 noon onwards on a Wednesday for Thomson flights. It is common now for them to also use 'local' reps, but usually the Thomson listed cruise boats will have a European rep on board, again I have usually found that the more upmarket boats 4* & 5*usually have a rep onboard. These boats are often linked to hotel stays, so the Sonesta is a good bet for you. Also be aware that 'good' reps in Luxor and on the boats are often shunted off to Hurgarda or Sharm El Sheik to do a stint there so that is another lead you may follow up.

You may try sending a PM to one of the Luxor ladies over on the Blue side and explain your position to them and maybe see if they could make an enquiry for you, or leave a personal written message from you to be passed on to a Thomson rep at the Sonesta?

Hope things work out, regards, H
eus

Post by eus »

:) thank you for your message its a big help i will do that eusx