Ideas please

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Ideas please

Post by Ebikatsu »

Need help here folks.

If you were the head of advertising for a chicken panne, breadcrumbed, KFC type chicken company and you wanted to attract customers to your product and show them how delicious, appealing, tasty, your products were on a huge noticeboard on the highways in Cairo. How would you go about it?
What images would you use? What theme?
Remember it's not for TV. It's on billboards.

Post your ideas here please ;)

Remember you have a blank canvas, a huge billboard to fill. :mrgreen:

All you artists, photoshop experts get to work :)

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

Crikes!
If it helps any it always makes me feel peckish when I see the big three chefs chicken panne billboard
Glyphdoctor

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I wouldn't call it Chickie DooDoo for starters...
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

Glyphdoctor wrote:I wouldn't call it Chickie DooDoo for starters...
:snig:
I nearly wet myself laughing when that stuff first started being advertised! Still can't believe some Numpty called it that!
Glyphdoctor

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I tried it once. It deserves its name.
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Noooooooooooooo EB. That's what I do for a living. I don't want to do it here. :P

But I will say that in most advertising you want to show the product but food advertising is very difficult in that normal food does not look good in photographs. That's why there are special food stylists and food photographers that do nothing else.

For KFC, you sell the benefits. Hurried family, working Mom, hot nutrious quick meal you can pick up on the way home. Everyone gets their choice of original or extra crispy. And NOW, you can get grilled chicken for those wanting a healthy alternative.

And an outdoor board can't have more than 15 words on it, less is better, and should reinforce the TV/print ads. So you'd show a close up of a bucket of KFC GRILLED chicken with the smiling face of a fit looking mother or child with the words

Hungry Family?

EASY
HEALTHY
TASTY!

Logo: KFC Grilled Chicken
Sub-head:
30 Cairo locations. There's a KFC near you!
DELIVERY - 555-KFCCAIRO
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

:mrgreen:

Girls my mistake.
I just saw it again slowly this time and it's not Koki chicken but even so.

Why I ask you would an advertising guy who wants to promote his product and it's actually an abbatoir that sends it's products to Koki etc, want to put a great picture like this on the highway? :?

Why not some cartoon characters and green meadows and stuff! :mrgreen:

I have to say it's not giving me an appetite for chicken tonight :lol:
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

:lol:

Yep - seen a few of them in my time.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

As you said in another post Ebikatsu "ONLY IN EGYPT" :roll:
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]But is it so wrong to be reminded of where our food comes from and the process it goes through to get to our tables. I'm under the impression from seeing that that it's the abbotoir that is promoting it's cleanliness and efficiency, something that can, and is, often called into question.[/face]
Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

What does the sign say? As I assume this is a wholesaler who does not sell to the public, why are they advertising to the public?
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

PRchick wrote:What does the sign say? As I assume this is a wholesaler who does not sell to the public, why are they advertising to the public?
[face=Comic Sans MS]PR - It's advertsing for an abbotoir (slaughter house).[/face]
Ebikatsu wrote:it's actually an abbatoir
-Aldous Huxley
Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

HEPZIBAH wrote:[face=Comic Sans MS]But is it so wrong to be reminded of where our food comes from and the process it goes through to get to our tables. I'm under the impression from seeing that that it's the abbotoir that is promoting it's cleanliness and efficiency, something that can, and is, often called into question.[/face]
I see your point Hepzi but wouldn't it have been better to advertise some of their hygiene awards, (is there such a thing in Egypt?) , offer anyone to drop in anytime to inspect themselves, type of thing?

Just because they bought advertising space on these boards doesn't mean their hygiene is all that great.
I think if I ever spent an hour in one of these places I would come out a vegetarian
HEPZIBAH
Top Member
Top Member

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Ebikatsu wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:[face=Comic Sans MS]But is it so wrong to be reminded of where our food comes from and the process it goes through to get to our tables. I'm under the impression from seeing that that it's the abbotoir that is promoting it's cleanliness and efficiency, something that can, and is, often called into question.[/face]
I see your point Hepzi but wouldn't it have been better to advertise some of their hygiene awards, (is there such a thing in Egypt?) , offer anyone to drop in anytime to inspect themselves, type of thing?

Just because they bought advertising space on these boards doesn't mean their hygiene is all that great.
I think if I ever spent an hour in one of these places I would come out a vegetarian
[face=Comic Sans MS]Ebi, I agree and I was only promoting one possible idea from what I could see, bearing in mind that I couldn't read the Arabic.

There was a series on a UK tv channel recently when a group of 3 young women and 3 young men went abroard - think it may have been Thailand - to look at how common UK foods are produced and to work along side the workers. They were paid local rates for their work and had to live accordingly. One week they were looking at the growing of rice, another was the tuna canning industry, another was looking at the chicken industry. You didn't see the chickens being farmed (or if it was showed I missed it) but you did see from the point of when they arrived at the abbotoir. I have to say I was very impressed in the strict hygein in the processing areas of the tuna and the chickens. The handling of the chickens, whilst a shock to the British 'workers' was infact (to my opinion) very clean, mechanical and producing a swift death to the chickens.
I was reminded of this programme when I saw that sign.

I certainly can't imagine abbotoirs anywhere in the world having Open Days, although I do know that my catering college used to take a visit to the local one when it was open, and also the agricultural college I worked at used to also do visits with some groups of students.[/face]
-Aldous Huxley
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

What are they advertising?
Mark Twain
jewel

Post by jewel »

That is truer than you think eb! I once did and that was enough for me ..there IS no thing as humane slaughter of animals especially on an industrial scale and the workers at these places become desensitised to the whole process which is even more scary :)

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/h/f/CAMPAIG ... ?be_id=211
Michaelrazor

Post by Michaelrazor »

i suggest the following
1-Digital billboard
2-Multiple images of your product in a variety of stills images sliding
3-A close image of a person dressed in a special hygiene clothes with stuff on mouth and hair just a slide still image
4-Dont show prices
5-Use expressive close images of your product to give the impression of how hot and delicious and clean it can be.
6-A new name that would attract people doesnt matter if they laugh at it
the concept here is not to place a well closed name but a name they will easily pronounce and never forget.

bilboards are more phsycologicaly an influence on the senses rather than just an information image, so bare that in mind.

hope this would help