Naturopath Doctor and FOOD

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Naturopath Doctor and FOOD

Post by Horus »

I have no problem in having none drinkers in my company, .............. more for me :wi

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

You may certainly have my share, Horus - and the hangover as an accompaniment! :D
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As I said before RS, the more you practice, the less your head hurts :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm not a non-drinker I just don't particularly like the taste. With beer - I don't object to the smell and I don't even mind how the first sip taste but IF I swallow - gag/splutter and YUCK it is awful so probably no more than 2 mouthfuls in my entire lifetime.

Hard liquors are also ok but the alcohol taste has to be disguised so I'm equally cool with just drinking the mix or WAS ok with drinking the mix 'til I actually looked at it and saw the SUGAR that was going down so I actually nix'd that.

I have had some liqueurs (Amaretto?) that I kinda like but has never crossed my mind to buy a bottle and I doubt by myself I'd ever sit here and sip a glass.

It doesn't bother ME in the least to sit and not drink while those about me do drink. Honestly nothing much about what I do bothers me in relation to other people ;) Don't notice, don't care and I'm really comfortable in my own skin ;) but I do know that there are some who do like everybody to be drinking and what I'd call Partying. Those I can take or leave but ;) I can 100% say those types would never sway me ;) nor would I lose more than a moment's thought about it.

Was think about the wine thing and the name Zinfandel came to me. I think that was the type of wine I like (I think). No idea if that is a dry wine or not.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am still going to the Naturopath and went for my 6 month check. I've been taking Liquid Kelp (8 drops daily) to improve my thyroid and Adrenal Response for the adrenal system. We did another round of testing and I'm way improved :) with some of my systems showing I'm now at 100%.

Am also feeling so much better now too and have lots more energy than I had before.

One daily Vit D (2000IU) and three pills of fish oil as all my good cholesterol went low which I'm blaming on December's surgery.

Anyway - the liquid Kelp and Adrenal Response pills are definitely doing their job :)

And - I've had 3 courses of acupuncture (might have posted this elsewhere) and now my lower back is GREAT! Hopefully Grandad's son-in-law has found a better acupuncturist because IMO acupuncture can work miracles!
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

How do you get on with the fish oil capsules ? I had Omega, I had col liver oil, I had Sea Buckthorn - they all repeated on me all day long so the animals had them. Would the Liquid Kelp be an oil too ? Oh I forgot, I drink apple cider and apple cider vinegar as they are good for my heart,( blood thinners), so I dont take the doctors drugs, dear little soul puts 5 different drugs on one prescription but I never buy them - - - -Drugs.com tell me of all the horrible side effects - :lol: :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since the last surgery seems my cholesterol which was fine prior has now gone bad. I have almost NO good cholesterol and the bad is high. Never was like that before and I had all the blood work done in November so initially I was a bit skeptical that it could all go bad that fast but ??

Anyway I do take 3 of the fish oil pills every morning now before breakfast. They don't repeat on me so long as I take them prior to eating. I'm thinking the food keeps the repeating down but it isn't a problem at all with me. Every morning I juice a bunch of green vegetables + fruit (lemon and usually pear) and drink about a cup of veggie juice. Then after the fish oil + Vit D I eat either porridge or cheerios (oats) and half a banana. Coffee is the drink! ;)

The kelp is drops. I don't think it is an oil and is designed to improve thyroid via the iodine. I do the drops on my tongue and then slurp down my couple of glasses of water. The kelp drops do have a taste but I don't find it objectionable at all and soon as you drink it goes away.

The "Adrenal Respnse" are tablets that help the adrenal system (as part of helping the thyroid). My dad, aunts and a couple cousins have all ended up taking prescribed medication for their thyroid (and/or having it removed) and since my thyroid seems to be functioning less and less I figured I'd try the natural way to boost everything.

I haven't tried drinking the cider vinegar yet. Keep thinking I should add it to the breakfast regime but haven't as yet.