Favourite Cheese

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Favourite Cheese

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just watching a show about cheese. Have to say I LOVE most types of cheese that I consider real. By real I mean nothing like the velveeta's (each slice wrapped in clear plastic) or the tube cheeses.

My absolute more favourite cheese is extra sharp cheddar. Love mozzerella (melted) and Edams too. Swiss is great on sandwiches.

What is your favourite cheese?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My absolute favourite is a mature Stilton, lovely with some Dutch or Melba toast and a few glasses, (well a bottle :roll: ) of excellent Shiraz, preferably South African Cape vintage. :P
Closely followed by an extra strong mature Cheddar with similar accompaniments. On Quiche or similar, a nice soft Monserella fits the bill, but for just nibbling on or better still, grated on a crusty French stick with onion, I quite like a smoked Cheddar.

I never eat the processed cheeses as they are really just the cheap rubbish without any real pedigree. I cant stand that overrated Italian Parmesan stuff, too hard and lacking it flavour, likewise that French Brie, just which bit are you supposed to eat? To me the rind tastes better than the runny centre.

Cheese on toast has to be Cheddar and a bit of Red Leicester goes very nice in a white bread bun with Spring onions and a pint of good English beer to wash it down. I love all the hard cheeses and we are so lucky in the UK that we have some of the best in the world, the only one I am not so keen on is the white Cheshire which is very acidic and always gives me chronic heartburn.
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

I love any mature cheddar but particularly one called Davidstow. It's yummy and so flavoursome that you don't need to eat huge amounts. I also have a soft spot for a really ripe camembert, almost runny and luscious. Years ago when I lived in France i used to buy a cheese called Munster from the French/German border area. It smelled like old smelly socks and I used to have to keep it on the windowsill as my flatmate couldn't stand the smell. It was yummy on fresh crusty french bread. Bread was bought two or three times a day and never eaten stale. Stale was anything over six hours old.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I love 'real' cheeses but not the process cheeses at all. I particularly love melted cheese too. Cheese on fresh pastries are to die for....YUM!!!

'Bout the only think I don't like cheese on are hamburgers. I think mostly this is cause usually the type of cheese that goes onto hamburgers is melted process cheese.

Extra sharp cheddar that crumbles is a favourite.
jewel

Post by jewel »

A nice tasty Wensleydale (AKA Wallace & Grommit cheese) they do some nice vegetarian ones (cranberry or example ) also the Cumberland farmhouse from Thornby moor dairy is a lovely mature cheese yummy!
I do try not to eat too much cheese though, as in less imaginative establishments the " vegetarian option" is often cheese based sorry to say and you could end up with " cheese fatigue" that and not all cheeses are vegetarian :roll:
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Just nibbling on a nice piece of Hickory smoked Cheddar as we speak :P
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't think I could ever die of cheese fatigue but I'd love to try!