Celebrity Marriage

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Celebrity Marriage

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Recently, as in a few days ago, the celebrity George Clooney married a woman lawyer (Amal) and I only know her name as his wedding made headlines here equal with all those headlines indicating strife in the world. I guess what I'm objecting to (and I only seem to object to things these days) is that his wedding DID rank up there with world news. I've seen one or two of his movies over the years, am a so-so fan in that if a movie comes on and he is in it then ok but I don't think I'd go out of my way to search for him and his movies. He has been very influential with the present USA President (not sure why) which seems to have given him a rather higher and more elevated status in the 'Merican world.

Anyway - it does seem that more and more what celebrities do is moving from Entertainment News to what is IMO "real" news. I believe that what celebrities do and usually do in lavish fashion given the high salaries they command should be kept in the realm of Entertainment and not foisted onto all of us who are looking to find out what is happening in the world.

Anybody else feel this way?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Celebrity Marriage

Post by Horus »

I suppose that as most celebrities are real people then some will migrate to other things such as politics and so the likes of Clint Eastwood and Arnie Swartzenegger become state governors or whatever, whether they would have achieved that status otherwise without their acting career is another matter. Some are obviously intelligent for example John Travolta who is a qualified airline pilot, so one assumes he is bright to say the least, but them you read that he is involved with the same group of weirdo’s as Tom Cruise, ergo the Scientologist Church who have some really strange ideas, so what does that say about both of their levels of intelligence if they believe in all that rubbish? The worst offenders though are the non celebrities who have absolutely no claim to fame other that taking part in a TV reality show or are married to a footballer, they are usually so stupid that they could not walk and chew gum at the same time, but for some reason they are sought out for their opinions on just about everything. Maybe it is symptomatic of the dumbed down world we now live in where trivia and celebrity status seems to be more important than real issues, if you live your life in fairytale land then I suppose you listen to fairies when they speak to you. :urm:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Tamara Ecclestone, daughter of F1 magnate, billionaire Bernie, is reported not to have known what 'toast' is. Now, is she really that dim or is she being clever and with her apparent naivety drawing publicity. Whatever, her stupid admission resulted in much tabloid coverage so I suppose she was being smart. Doh!

My pet objection about celebrity is, what I consider unearned, where sporting personalities get high honours like knighthoods for playing or participating in a self satisfying pursuit. I don't care how good they are in their chosen sporting career, I just do not think that some still in their twenties deserve to become knights or dames.

But the scientology thing seems to appeal to many 'A' listers....even the dim Beckhams. :( :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Personally I found George Clooney's marriage rather shoved down the throat. First he was getting married (nice to know - but not much), then all the pre-wedding questions daily on the real TV news shows (when, where, what will they wear, what will they eat), then all the "news" about the actually wedding and all the "A-listers" who were attending (aka other Movie Stars) and, I can't forget Amal's dress (which was hand stitched blah blah blah and it being a fairy tale dress that would go somewhere cause it would be soooo famous :sk ).

NOW the news is that George bought Amal a MANSION!! Ewwwwwwwww wowwwwwwwww (not)........

This has gone on and on and on and on to the point of nausea. It would have been all ok if it had been put in the Entertainment section but this was headline type news (and who cares? and I also feel if you DO care then you need to get a life!)

I know that George Clooney is a big Obama supporter, has put on fund raising dinners for him etc. I'm not sure if this is why this particular wedding was covered so extensively or ? With all that is going on in the world there IS lots of news to report. Not like there are slow news days these days but this particular coverage seemed to get way too personal and detailed with a real effort to make it the fairy tale story of the year. THEN some Nit says the couple would appreciate their privacy!!! DUH!!! This "couple" has posed, postured and revealed more details of their private life (that many seem to have sucked up big time) than anybody ever needed to know.