Reluctant Fundamentalist

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Reluctant Fundamentalist

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I read the book a year or two ago and found it extremely interesting. Just watched the movie last night. Again very interesting, slightly different from the book but then most movies can't capture the same breadth as a book.

Just in case anybody is really interested and going to watch I'll only say it would have been extremely difficult to be from a Middle Eastern country or even have extended family there in the wake of 9/11.

The question that both the book and movie has brought to mind is: Have we (we being the white western world) contributed to the radicalization of individuals? I'm being broad in saying individuals as I do believe people from the Middle East as well as our own have become radicalized.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Reluctant Fundamentalist

Post by Horus »

We have just had a report released today stating that 20 years ago our government was made aware of warnings that extreme Muslim groups were plotting to take over control of a large number of schools in places with high immigrant numbers such as Birmingham. The intention was to take control of the board of governors and parent associations and having done so impliment Islamic practices within those schools such as girls & boys being taught seperately and Islamic dress codes.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Bit late now to stop the islamisation of britain . . :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree, but we could make a start by refusing to keep pandering to minority views all the time.