Life after Death?

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Life after Death?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

"Heaven is for Real" is a new to be released movie about a four year old (Scott Burpo) who claims to have visited heaven and returned to earth when he died during an emergency surgery.

I haven't seen the movie. Probably won't but the claim is that as a 4 yr old this child died, went to heaven where he saw Jesus and God as well as some of his other deceased relatives. He returned to earth and after his surgery was able to provide details of his trip to heaven and relatives he met there to his father that he (Scott) would not have otherwise known.

Lots of discussion of the credibility of the child but his details are apparently pretty good and what he reported back to his father are details he did not know prior to dying during surgery.

What do you think? Is there 'life' after death?

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Life after Death?

Post by Jayway »

Nice thought LLL. As I have actually seen a ghost that had been seen by many other people over the years I really do wonder about life after death and will be quite interested to find out later .. :ni:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

In a nutshell no, I would like to think that there was, but common sense tells me differently. The brain can perform amazing tricks when deprived of Oxygen or from other causes and that to me is the source of all of these kind of experiences, it can make you see or experience anything it wants, after all that is what mind altering drugs actually do. As to the unknown information, well once again it is something that can never be verified and we only have someone elses word on what is true or not, or been elaborated on by others.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Few years ago I actually read the book that has now been made into a movie. The 'father' does seem a pretty legit type guy and detailed how the info from his son gradually came out which seemed pretty natural given the child was only 4 and talking at the level of a 4 yr old. The thing that was fascinating is that the boy was able to give accurate details of things that apparently he honestly wouldn't have known otherwise as some of the events happened prior to his birth.

All just food for thought. The practical side of my mind says there is no life after death. The brain stops and we're gone however ???? Does it and are we?

I do think that some of the reports of 'looking down at my body on the ER operating table' are fabricated by our brain but what this child reported wasn't that type of experience.

Haven't seen the movie and I probably will (maybe) only watch it once it comes on TV as the book was interesting.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Strange though that he meets up with dead relatives who tell him things about his living father? Most 4 year olds would struggle to remember their home address let alone convincing personal details given to them about their father that they then remembered and recalled at a later date, I am as usual entirely sceptical of anything like this.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am with Horus on the subject of life after death and the supernatural in general. I don't want to sound rude but I just do not believe any of it. Fortunately we are all entitled to our own opinions but I do get somewhat annoyed when such stories are used for significant financial gain. :(
:gg:
Choccy

Post by Choccy »

You mean like Derek Ancora Grandad...He made a fortune from this, I remember he did one of his programs from Egypt, he was so far from the written truth it was unbelievable
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The most hilarious part of that program Choccy was him standing outside the tomb of Seti 1 in the VOK and saying "I am getting a message from someone called Belzoni" :lol: :lol: Hardly a revelation saying as it was he who discovered and excavated the tomb and there must be a thousand books and programs written and made about his discoveries. :zz
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

And I am getting a message from someone called 'Bullsh*t' :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: @ Grandad
And then he went on to say "I am getting a message from someone called Seti and he is saying that this Belzoni guy took something belonging to him" Yes he did Derek ;) a bloody big Alabaster Sarcophagus! :lol: :lol: