Rising Talent

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Rising Talent

Post by Horus »

I have recently been catching little clips of a song from an advertisement on the TV (I think for beer) and as you know I like most kinds of music. I could not tie down this obviously country type singer, so with a few odd words from the TV song I did a web search to satisfy my own curiosity. I was surprised to see that it was this young lad from here in the UK, someone called Jake Bugg, he has a great country voice and his style reminds me of Hank Williams, this guy will be amongst the big names before very long, have listen to this:

[youtube][/youtube]

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Rising Talent

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Niceeeeeee voice. Wonder if he had a try at any of the "Got Talent" shows that have that panel of judges?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

An individual style that will win him a select following and good luck to him. :)

I put Jamie Cullum in the same bracket. I always loved jazz and had a noted jazz sax/clarinetist, Tony Coe as a classmate at grammar school and still an acquaintance who became Director of Music at UKC. Sorry to name drop :) but I don't know many celebs or famous people. :( :( :(

No LLL, talents like his are far too good for the likes of X Factor and BGT. He would be expected to sing in different so called 'genres' and that is just not his style.....he will make it doing his own thing. We have dogs winning talent contests here don't you know??? :lol:

Sad to here of Donna Summers untimely demise yesterday. :(
:gg:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Lovely, thankyou HORUS- - I am sending it to an american friend who lives for music, he has just had a stroke so I am sending odd ones I find, and this is just great to show him English talent. :up :up :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thats nice Jay, :up I hope it cheers them up a bit :wi
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Donna Summer WAS the Queen of disco. Loved most of her songs. I don't know if she had actually retired from show biz but I hadn't heard about her for years. Had no idea she even had cancer (not that I'm on any inside ring to even know this) but she had a very private life outside of show business.