How do you add pictures????????

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

redsaffy

How do you add pictures????????

Post by redsaffy »

HELP!! Can some one tell me how you up load pictures as I have no clue what so ever!!!!!

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

I would enlighten you ... but from past experience all I seem to create is a multitude of confusion, I'm sure Horus will be able to tell you in a far less roundabout way than I ever could! :roll:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I got this from Stan on the blue side a long time ago , it works every time with me.

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Oops! click the picture so you can read it then print out :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The problem that most people have is not the actual uploading of a picture, this is quite easy to do, but of getting the size to conform to the following rules:

It must not exceed 800 x 800 pixels and it must not exceed 256kb in size and it must be JPG or a GIF file.

There is a facility for automatically resizing your pictures on the 'Extra's Menu' on the left size of this screen. However when I try to use it, it never seems to work properly for me.

There is a really fool proof method but it involves you having the 'free to download' Picasa program on your PC. It is perfectly safe and it is completely free to use. It is an excellent program for organising your photographs. It will do everything automatically after you click the download button, once installed it will search out and organise your pictures into folders. When you click on one of your picture files it will automatically open it in the Picasa editing window, in this window you can easily 'tweak' your pictures to get the best from them, it is also the best way to resize them.

I would suggest that if you can, you should download this onto your PC, I will then post another instruction as to how it can be used to upload your photographs to the forum.

Click HERE to download the program.
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

And once you have resized your photo, just go up to your album at the top of the page here and follow the instructions Kiya posted from Stan. Let us know if you still have problems. :D
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
redsaffy

Post by redsaffy »

Ok will give it a go!!!! fingers crossed!!! :lol:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

There is a little demo on Luxor4u thats shows you how to upload photo's, the same method applies with Egypt4u.

http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9252
redsaffy

Post by redsaffy »

Thanks Keefy

I did it!!!! 8)
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Re: How do you add pictures????????

Post by Winged Isis »

Since the new forum format, Stan's instructions only appear as a ?, and the video does not appear, there's just [flash width=600 height=326 loop=true]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/demos/uplo ... -album.swf[/flash], Keefy. Can this be fixed, please. Could there be a sticky or put it in the FAQ and Gallery sections for basic info re loading pictures, videos etc, so people don't keep asking, like you added Hobbies and Pastimes, maybe? That is, somewhere bleedingly obvious easy to find, without having to go all round the houses, especially for newbies not used to the forum setup (and pathetic non-techxperts, such as I). :sp:
Carpe diem! :le: