Problems with PS Elements 7

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Problems with PS Elements 7

Post by Kiya »

I hoping Horus or Grandad can help me, I haven't been taking much photos recently but been working on some old ones of family.

When I want to do some editing on photos I always use " Full Edit " there is " Quick Fix & " Guided Edit " which I rarely use.

Using " Full Edit " all icons along the top of screen & tools down the left side work but when I want to use the " effects " in " Full Edit " ie > Filters > Layers > PhotoEffects > All ........everything has disappeared :o

Also there is a problem with white arrow/mouse in this program , if I use some of the " tools" the mouse sometimes sticks & wont budge to anything else :(

Last week I had a pop up menu in Elements 7 saying something wrong with program or is corrupted :( how can that be when everything has worked perfectly before ??

Is it anything to do with new computer ?................ it is a copy I have of Elements 7 & never had a problem with it till now :?

Help!!!!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Problems with PS Elements 7

Post by Horus »

Hi Kiya, looks like my two posts I made to you were lost in the server change, :xx first of all as I know that you made some changes to your font sizes some time back have a look at this link and see if it makes any different to your program. OK its maybe not the same version or operating system, but you will be able to apply the same principles as it may be that your font size is too big for the program itself. http://thedigitalscrapbookteacher.com/M ... %20Bar.pdf

Other than that I don't really know enough about Elements, but the mouse may be because you have added another pointing device and it is in conflict, does it misbehave in any other programs?

If you have the 'legit' installation disk and authorisation codes you could try re-installing the program again, also have a look to see that there is not an option to enable the missing functions. Sometimes they are listed under the 'View' menu and you have to enable them.

You could also try running the 'Malaware Bytes' software (see link under my picture upload tutorial) to make sure you do not have something affecting your program, but first off try the 'font size' settings on your PC and see if that makes a difference.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya, I have just replicated what you described with no problems.

Are you working with a duplicate copy of your picture. It made no difference to me but just a 'long shot' thought. (Should work with a copy anyhow)

Adobe Help suggests that the problems you are experiencing may be the result of using an upgraded OS (you said you have a new computer) and also the Elements program should be the latest issue upgrade. (That would be a problem)

You could change your cursor (in Start>Display Panel>Mouse>Pointers) to see if this has any effect and put it back if not.

In any event I think you should uninstall and re-install the program as Horus has suggested.

That's about the only thoughts that come to mind..... :(
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thankyou to Horus & Grandad :) I don't know what we would do without the help from you both.

Before I saw any reply I got so fed up I un-installed Elements shut down computer then rebooted & re-installed Elements, Hooray!! everything was back to how it should be :D

I then followed your link Horus although slightly different in Windows 7 I reduced the font size & tried Elements again....Hey presto! everything working fine & also the mouse ..........phew!!!!

Funny you should mention working with copies Grandad, I was for the past few days but never really had problems with copies before.

In Elements the overall page was to big so I'm guessing that caused problems too, for now I'm glad everything seems to be back to normal :D

I have "Webroot SecureAnywhere" anti virus & I seemed to have a trial run with Malware Bytes which has ran out, can you give me the right link for the free version.....please.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's you sorted then Kiya :up all's well that ends well as they say in Inverclackernickie ;) :lol: I suspected it may be down to having your font size set too large.
As to the Malaware Bytes software, you do not need to buy it or to use it all the time, just go to the link I gave and download the free version to your PC, then whenever you suspect a problem just click on the icon for the program and run it. Usually it will say that it is out of date by so many days and do you want to update it, just say OK and let it update itself and run the check on your PC. Then forget about it until the next time you need it and then go through the same proceedure, that way you don't have to buy anything. ;) basically the free version you download is just to scan for any malicious software, the paid for version is designed to stop you getting it in the first place, but as you already have a anti virus software you are unlikely to get anything serious, but this is good at finding the odd nasty that slips through. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Okey Dokey thanks again :)