new forum

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

brian yare

new forum

Post by brian yare »

There is still too much animation for my liking, although less than in the green zone.

The owners and administrators really should decide whether they wish to be considered as a glitzy game site for the immature or an informative site for those who have left their childhood behind.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: new forum

Post by Horus »

Thank you for your comment even if it is a little uncharitable, I notice that you have not posted previously on here and that your first one is a criticism. Most if not all of the regular users of this forum seem to like it the way it is, not all forums are the same and I could equally describe your own website as severely lacking in interest and very bland, no doubt that is the reason these sites have many more hits than your own. It may even be a good idea to take a few tips from the site owner and maybe ask for a little help which I am sure he will gladly give.

In a modern technological world the seasoned user expects to have various links and interactions that work together, but I agree that for some people it may be difficult to grasp the new technology that a modern forum employs and I suppose to the uninitiated it may look a bit glitzy, especially if you do not understand the reasoning behind attracting users to a specific forum, I am sure that you do not play every little game that pops up during a web search, I certainly do not. What a boring world it would be if all we had to see on a website was a list of old out of copy write books for sale, I mean, who would want to visit a site like that when you can get them all for free elsewhere?

No doubt that many regulars on here would resent being called immature just because they enjoy playing a game on occasion. These forums always have and always will be general forums with an Egyptian theme to them, our members are not so dull that they do not to have very wide and varied opinions on many things and of course, most do not live their lives in the dusty cloisters of academia, although I must say that amongst our members there are many that could run rings around a great deal of so called experts, but thankfully most hide their lights and qualifications under a bushel and say very little, preferring instead to smile from the sidelines at the verbal posturing.

So I suppose we will not be seeing you around on this side, so good luck with your search for a suitable forum.
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

Nice reply Horus
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Bearded Brian wrote:Nice reply Horus
I agree entirely BB. Most uncalled-for comments in my opinion, and his own website could do with a bit of livening up. But on reflection, Brian Yare complains about too much animation and I suggest that he reviews his own avatar on L4U if he is not an animation fan. :( :?
:gg: