Suggestion for Keefy re: E4U

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Suggestion for Keefy re: E4U

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Hi - I've asked you already to include a Hobbies and Passtimes section on E4U. How about the addition of a "Holidays and Seasonal" section. Would allow for the discussion of holidays, seasonal issues etc. Be a kewl addition. :):):):)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Can you broaden out exactly what you mean by 'Holidays & Seasonal and give us a few examples, :) then we can chip in a few comments?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

ohhhhh yes - good idea re: suggestions H!!! ;) I was thinking a Holidays and Seasonal where we could talk about holidays - i.e. Christmas, Eid, Easter, Ramadan, Hannukah, Hallowe'en........etc etc etc. Not specific religous dates......but 'times of the year' that have become customary where we do certain things and tasks.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Something along the lines of 'Religious Festivals and Events of all Faiths'?
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Events -

Post by Jayway »

Good idea LLL , then I would know where and when to avoid - :) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I know where you are coming from Jay, I try to avoid those particular threads myself because no one will ever agree on politics or religion. However if it is a well moderated thread and it is just a place for people to share an event that may or may not be applicable to their own religion, then that should be OK. What we don’t want is any attempts to preach, convert or denigrate another’s belief, whatever they may be. I am thinking along the lines that you for example may have a particular festival that happens each year in your village in Portugal, you could maybe post a few pictures and describe what is was all about, without the need to justify the event to anyone or to get involved in the rights or wrongs of it. General comment would be acceptable, but if it descended into a religious attack then that would not be. Another could be say an Indian celebration with the god ‘Ganesha’ that may feature Elephants, but we don’t want people banging on about cruelty to animals or calling that religion heathen, rather a place to inform others of the celebration or festival and what it may involve. More informative than confrontational.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

You've got exactly the idea of what I'm trying to convey - I'm not wanting to get into "religious" occasions per se but more 'festivals' or the type of occasion where there might be a parade (i.e. Parade of the Species (a day of counterculture and fanciful 'creatures' that are super expressive and a huge event very specific to here). Other things could be along the line of "Fall Fairs", Indian Arrival Day, Paws For the Cause, Rodeos, First or Last Day of School, May Day, Carnival AND even BIRTHDAYS (which always appear in the General Category but are really more specific to an Occasion) And Anniversaries.

I'm not talking about a thread where anything remotely related to religion or politics gets bashed to a bizzillion pieces and attacked by any and all who do not subscribe to that particular sect...I'm meaning basically a 'happy' Thread where different "special" occasions could be shared, explained if they're different etc. It would be nice to be able to share verbally and/or photographically different events, occasions, holidays you have in your part of the world.

Personally I'd love to see special events other people have. The clothing or costumes they wear, what special foods they eat and any related ceremonies. I'd find that phenomenally interesting and I know would increase/augment my own knowledge of different cultures, places, people.

It would be up to the Moderators to ensure this thread didn't deteriorate into Posters bashing and ridiculing each other. That isn't, at all, what I have in mind.