Exploding Packages

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Exploding Packages

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Not sure if you're hearing about this - The Powers that Be are now deciding there is a Serial Bomber on the loose in Austin Texas as there have now been FIVE bombing attacks (some packages left at peoples houses and now one exploding in a FedEx facility) and one discovered but unexploded bomb.

Each bomb has stepped up in sophistication. First bombs were packages, then one with a trip wire and now an exploding bomb in FedEx. They have also found a sixth bomb that didn't yet explode.

There are 350 FBI & ATF in the area investigating these bombings which started early March.

The fear must be palpable as these bombing are random and the one bomb that had a trip wire would have been extremely scary. The bombings to date seem very random which adds to the fear.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Exploding Packages

Post by Horus »

Sounds like another Unabomber and it took years to find him :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

From what I'm seeing on the news the first three bombs were just randomly left at houses, the next one was set up across a sidewalk with a trip wire but this latest one exploded in a FedEx facility which is where the other bomb was found unexploded which will hopefully give investigators more info on how it was put together, specific materials used, where they're found/purchased etc. These bombs are packed with shrapnel too.

IMO this is somebody who is obviously angry & disturbed but smart enough to make bombs and with each bomb they're seeing more sophisticated bombs. I'm thinking unless they can grab this person fast these bombs will continue getting bigger and better as they go.

Given all that is going on in the country this is probably the last thing they need right now - more domestic terrorism from a Bomber.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Another package bomb just went off bringing the total of exploding packages to 6 plus one they found in FedEx prior to it detonating.

Definitely hope this isn't another Ted Kaczynski in the making :( :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

These events are now being reported here LLL
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Seems the guy has blown himself up after the police cornered him. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah - I was out so didn't catch it 'til I got home but seems he had himself wired so as to avoid capture. From what I've read neighbours said he seemed a regular guy.

Really can't understand why there are so many deeply disturbed people coming out of the woodwork these days so bent on harming everybody and particularly those who are targeting children by way of school shootings.

I think the mistake if you will of this Bomber was that his one bomb was found unexploded which then allowed investigators to figure out what he was using, where it might have come from etc.

As with all I'd love to know "why?" Why of all things in life they could have their brains, minds, hands to they opted for this.