Drive by Shooting

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Drive by Shooting

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

One of the Saudi students I rent to was over to see me yesterday, going to class, not going to class - back and forth, waiting for his car (cause he lent it to a friend) .... my sense was something was up but didn't know what.

This morning he was back again at the front of the house waiting for his car cause he lent it to his friend and then blurted out that yesterday his friend dropped his little daughter off at daycare. Pulled out and stopped at the stop light. Car behind him. Suddenly the car behind that one pulled up along side his car and opened fire on him. He ducked down and the shooter sprayed his car with bullets. Lucky with lots of 'inshallahs' and 'praise God' he explained that his friend (also Saudi) was not hit by a single bullet even though the shooter was something like 1 meter away from him.

This brought about a Police chase and Police have moved his friend and his wife and family to a new location in another section of town.

My student lent his car to this fellow so has been waiting and watching for it AND hoping this crime is not a hate crime! He is now very worried that nobody here likes Saudis and his parents have basically ordered him home but he has said he'll give it a week to see how everything plays out.

I didn't want to entire negate that it wasn't a hate crime but IMO this was probably some sort of drug deal gone bad and the friend was possible mistaken for somebody else (I hope). I honestly do hope we haven't gone so far here as to start shooting at people in this manner.

http://www.cheknews.ca/drive-by-shootin ... an-147565/

IMO this sort of action is absolutely horrible. I can't help but think this student was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time but if it was a hate crime it is bad bad bad. The shooter has been caught and there are attempted murder charges pending.

On another note - our Prime Minister IS bringing in mega Syrian families and racking the countries deficit up by astronomical amounts (at election time it was supposed to be 10 billion but by all accounts at the rate he is giving our $$ away it'll be 90 billion). The local University here just announced that it was going to kick out all students who are in their second year or higher so as to accommodate ALL new (and mostly international) 1st yr students. Our military has been charged with getting out of their homes so the new immigrants can be put into them..........and on and on.........

Definitely hope this was an isolated incident and is now resolved with the arrest of the Shooter.

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Drive by Shooting

Post by Jayway »

Absolutely awful story, your country is being run by lunatics, it can only get worse so I should keep well out of the firing line.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah - the keeping out of the line of fire has started to cross my mind ..... my recliner chair is in the window. Maybe I'll go sit in the other chair in the back of the house .......

Our gov't is setting up to pitch people against each other with the actions. I see online and in the News that already the Province of Ontario which is sort of the business center of the county is wanting to start an action that will Recall the New Prime Minister and his Financial Cabinet Minister. Don't blame them this guy promised a 10 Billion dollar deficit and by easy calculations he'll have it up to 90 Billion - BUT (and I quote) "I'm optimistic the Canadian people will rise and support this" (this being give away money to help youth in Africa get jobs, this to bring in thousands more refugees ........ )
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is the latest release on this drive by:

Two men have been formally charged in connection with a brazen drive-by shooting in Nanaimo yesterday that sparked a dramatic and lengthy police chase.

Nanaimo RCMP says the men arrested after a police takedown in Duncan are 18 year old Armaan Singh Chandi of Surrey and 19 year old Inderpal Singh Aujla of Mission.

After a judicial bail hearing was held today, the RCMP confirmed the two men were charged with multiple offences including attempted murder, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and failing to stop for police.

“Now its our job to determine why they’re in Nanaimo and the motive behind the shooting” said Cst Gary O’Brien of Nanaimo RCMP.

Both men have been remanded into custody with their next court appearance set for Friday March 4th in Nanaimo Provincial court.

Surrey is notoriously crime ridden. Not sure about Mission BC but Surrey has a long history (as long as my memory) of having high crime stats.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I can understand your tenant wanting to not act hastily and to see what the RCMP find in their interviews. But, if there is some sort of hate crime going on please take care and consider your own position. :tk
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I was thinking along similar lines Grandad :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I definitely am considering my own position. Will be interested in hearing what the Police find. I do know that where this happened the actually area IS the one and only area around here that is the worst. IF something is going to happen here it IS going to happen where this happened. That one of the shooters was from Surrey is also a clue or que that this is criminal in that Surrey is one of the few areas where people do NOT walk safely down the streets. The other shooter, from Mission, is just a small city in BC with no reputation one way or another. Seems both shooters are Sikh (my guess given where they said they were from).

Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver over in the lower mainland and a haven for gangs and drugs.

Not trying to mitigate what has happened but I'd never be found in the area that this happened.

I definitely hope it is not a hate crime. According to my Saudi student IF it is determined that this has been a hate crime then the entire association is going to pull out of the University here. That would definitely be a blow to the University as there are 'about' 320 students here many with families.

Just shocking to have a drive by here in this area.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Surrey is a suburb of Vancouver over in the lower mainland and a haven for gangs and drugs.
Your Surrey is certainly a lot different to our Surrey LLL Our Surrey is a county of just over one million people in South East England; green and leafy, quite well off and in the London Commuter Belt.

Always interests me how many Commonwealth/Empire countries have similar place names but so often with very different residential profiles. :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

For as long as I can remember our Surrey has been where all the bad stuff happens. Nobody ever wants to move to Surrey or go there. Big reputation for bad stuff.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The latest update of the drive by shooting indicates that there are GANG factions trying to establish here on the Island to sell drugs. GEEZ - the last thing we need here are Gangs and all the associated drug violence that brings.

Nanaimo Mayor says gang fight on over drug territory here

Both accused are from the Lower Mainland and Nanaimo’s Mayor says the incident has all the trademarks of a gangland shooting, that he’s worried is part of the drug trade trying to gain ground in the city.
Riding past the scene where bullets had flown and a car was hit repeatedly by gunfire just moments earlier Tuesday, Charlotte Stark didn’t know if she was still in danger.
“There was just the whole area blocked off and policemen everywhere and it was like I was giving grimacing looks at everyone because I didn’t know what was going on,” says the VIU student.

As this quiet University area neighbourhood of Nanaimo was taken by surprise by a brazen daylight drive by shooting.

“It’s a very interesting experience so far,” says neighbouring resident Adam Haycock. “Because you’ve only been here how long? One month. ”

“Yeah it’s scary because it’s right across from a children’s centre and this is just a home area,” says Charlotte Stark. “Like the area it happened in is really surprising.”

But Nanaimo’s Mayor says he’s known for some time that gangs from the Lower Mainland were fighting over turf here to sell drugs. Bill McKay thinks this incident is that fight showing up in daylight.

“That they’re trying to set up in Nanaimo and on the Island, anywhere on the Island,” says McKay.

The target of the shooting escaped uninjured, but pursuing the fleeing suspects to their eventual arrests at a blocked Duncan intersection led to an RCMP car crashing, injuring two officers, before the two suspects 18 year old Armaan Singh Chandi of Surrey and 19 year old Inderpal Singh Aujla of Mission were taken into custody.

“I want to send a message off to the officers that were injured in that chase and wish them well,” says McKay.

As this community comes to terms with a fight that’s been brought to its doorstep that McKay says may just be getting started.

“I understand that we are all concerned about this. but this is a new reality. Criminal element are looking at expanding their scope of business,” says McKay. “They’re looking at expanding their area of operation so we need to ensure that we stop that before it happens.

The two men facing charges for this drive by shooting and police pursuit will appear in Nanaimo court on Friday.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

All I can say is that your authorities will only get one chance to stamp this out, any pussyfooting around with the sentencing and they will have missed their opportunity. They must come down extremely hard on the perpetrators and then hassle the crap out of any other suspected gang members arresting them and locking them up for the most minor infringement. A breach of their human rights many would say, but I would ask “what about the human rights of their victims?” and the misery that their poison inflicts on society. 8)