Cross Country Skiing

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Cross Country Skiing

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Watching the men's cross country right now. Sure takes lots of work and power and, to me, brute strength to push through the up hills. Given the length of the skis and the crowding dunno how anybody can ever past anybody.

Cross country skiing is pretty popular in my neck of the woods. We have huge mountain tracks of trails for cross country and many live to get out there. I have to admit to having never had skis of any type on my feet in my life but it is very popular.

Takes lots of know how too to know how to use the correct wax per snow condition.

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Cross Country Skiing

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Not going to start a new topic but have been watching the mens downhill skiing! WOW!! Speeds of up to 85mph!!! I don't think I can even get the car going that fast! OMG !!!

HOW do they even see where they're going at those speeds? AND we're not even talking when they launch out and up into the air for the jumps.

The muscles those men and women must have have got to be phenomenal to 'hold' on the turns and I can't even imagine the tork or wear and tear or tensions the joints must take. How they all haven't totally killed their knees is beyond me.

Definitely flying as they head down the slopes.