Today is SUPER BOWL!

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Today is SUPER BOWL!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today is one of the biggest sports days in the USA. SUPER BOWL and today IS Super Bowl Sunday. The Seattle Seahawks vs Denver Broncos.

I know this as the Seattle Seahawks are somewhat a local team here being from the West Coast and hence quite a few Canadians from this area do follow them, probably are able to get down for an occasional game which is bringing lots of hype about today to many.

Am not a football fan by any stretch but I do believe that this is something like the 2nd only time the Seahawks have ever made it to the Super Bowl. The prediction is that something like 109,000,000 will watch the game today. This makes TV Commercial spots sell for a super high premium going for millions. Many of the big Corporations develop super specific commercials to be shown and some watch the Super Bowls for the Commercials and for the Half Time Show.

Might try and catch the half time myself but as I don't understand 1 thing about US football I'll probably pass on watching the actual game but am cheering the Seattle Seahawks on. A win would be terrific for them!!!

GOOOOO SEAHAWKS!

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Today is SUPER BOWL!

Post by Horus »

I have to confess that I could never get into American football, or UK for that matter. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't follow Football (or really any sport for that matter) however since this is the final final game and cause it is close to home I'll verbalize my "Go Seahawks!" (but have no plans to watch the game)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

LLL. I hope you are going to tell us who won ? Strange language, superbowl? wouldnt that be american rounders? Football in USA, GB rugby with lots of padding - cissies - - haaa haaa
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: @ Jayway
A bit like the "World Series" with only America taking part :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Watched the first 15 minutes. It never really gets going and I don't know the rules and I find it dreadfully boring. But why do they call it football???
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't understand or even like US Football (not idea why they call it that) and also find it really boring - but - cause the Seattle Seahawks made it to the finals it was all that was being talked about here. The Seahawks won and did actually win in a dramatic fashion in that they won by something like 34 to 8.

Super Bowl is definitely a BIG event. The half time shows totally dominate and TV commercials and made specifically to premier and air during Super Bowl. They pay well into the multiple millions for scant seconds exposure. Really a hyped (hyped to ridiculous) event.

These NFL players also command phenomenal salaries for playing. Not entirely sure I don't have issues with that - the high wages they pay to some athletes.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

LLL thankyou for the result, pity I couldnt see the ads, I do love the Budweiser adverts on youtube, how they trained the cow was impressive - - - - - - LLL, DO YOU HAVE YOUR PM MESSAGES TURNED OFF ? ? ?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My PM's work on E4U but not on L4U. On L4U I have no icon for messages. It disappeared months ago. Keefy was able to restore mine for about a week and then it just blipped off again. No idea why it just disappeared but far as I know I'm able to get PMs on E4U.

Didn't watch the game but had lots of posts on FB from everybody cheering the Seahawks on. Big event for Seattle and the State of Washington.

I like the commercials too. Wasn't interested enough in the commercials to watch the game but on TV now some of the good commercials from there will start to appear. Budweiser always has some good ones too.