Breaking News Again and Again and Again

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Breaking News Again and Again and Again

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Is it just me or are we going to hell in a handbasket? I'm starting to get PTSD from the worlds "Breaking News" happening on the TV!

Boston Bombers, Abortion Dr killing full term babies, 3 women held hostages for the past 10 yrs, Benghazi Embassy attack AND we don't even want to start talking about the cover up, Jodi Arias trial, possible retrial in Italy of (geez can't remember her name) and then all the unrest in the Middle East......and ON and ON and ON! WOW - getting nervous just clicking the TV on.........

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Breaking News Again and Again and Again

Post by Grandad »

LLL, in the UK the current run of top news items seems to revolve around child abuse, pedophilia, child murders and trafficking. Only yesterday 7 Muslim men from different countries were found guilty of abusing and trafficking young 'white' girls in Oxford over the last 8 years even after some of the girls had tried to get action from police and social services without success.

We have also had a case where a man murdered his 'step grand daughter' and hid her body in the loft. Police searched the house but didn't search the loft. :?: :?: :?: He is going down for life.

There are many reports that are the result of the Mets Operation Yewtree into the entertainer Jimmy Savile who after his death was accused of hundreds of offences against young girls (and boys) over several decades.

The list goes on and on. :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sounds the same here! Everytime I turn on the TV all I get is "BREAKING NEWS" and there seems to be some horrific infraction or other......the entire Obama Administration seems corrupt and the train of endless abuses against humanity seems to be going strong.

Maybe I'm getting old and maybe I'm getting more sensitive to crimes but it sure seems that in the past couple of weeks there has been a significantly dramatic rise with no end in sight and I'm talking really significant horrendous assaults.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Been travelling the last couple of days so wasn't really paying too much attention to the News. Turned on the TV today to see a horrific slaying of a UK military man by an alleged terrorist with David Cameron saying the UK will never tolerate this. Didn't get the full gist of what it was all about but OMG - makes one feel so bad when this type of incident happens.

Will have to watch the evening news for the full story.

Mostly it just seems that each day there is something else really BIG happening on the News....UGH!!!!!
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

My P. TV just put up a list of how many drones Obarmy has sent off, I didnt realise Pakistan received over 200 . ? ? ? I am so ignorant I didnt realise USA was at war with Pakistan - - I found the GB news report of the soldiers death amazing, the "journalist" spoke, said the men were saying alla akbah and they were trying to get this phrase translated - IDIOTS. THIS WORLD IS QUITE INSANE.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I really never realized that USA was 'at war' with Pakistan either.......that IS lots of drone strikes. Given Obama's last couple of speeches he is apparently going to start pulling back the use of drones. This is maybe a good thing IF it eliminates the need for boots on the ground soldiers to go in to a situation however believing any politicians words is necessarily actually what is going to happen.