Syria and Sarin Gas

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Syria and Sarin Gas

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is late here and I'm just catching up on the daily news. Seems Al-Assad has armed bombs with chemical weapons to use on his own people. I really do not know the specifics about this chemical other than it is deadly and kills basically instantaneously. Much faster than any Army can get there to intervene.

Is there no end to what Bashar Al-Assad will do? Can't believe this that in this day and age any leader would do this to his own people. I know it happens but this is so horrendous to me that I can't hardly put into words my feelings on this topic.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Syria and Sarin Gas

Post by Horus »

He would be very foolish to use chemical weapons, America has already warned him against such a move and to do so would lose him any support he may have had. In addition he would ruin any chance he may have had to leave for asylum in onother country as he would be deemed to be a war criminal with crimes against humanity, so his options would be limited unless he wants to live in Argentina, they will take anyone. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Syria and Sarin Gas

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Chemical weaponry is the ultimate threat. Haven't heard much about its use since the days of Hussein and the Kurds. I don't think the news media was quite as instantaneous then and we/me only heard about it after the fact. Now knowing that we know in advance that this could be used against a population is horrific particularly when there isn't much anybody can to do combat a chemical.

Am not too sure who would take Assad either. Am thinking he is going to be pretty much shunned by the world and should be. Should be executed himself. I really can't believe he still has troops/men who would respond to his orders. Even mercenaries must be wondering if they're going to get paid AND gas knows no difference. If this is used it does not discriminate in who is affected. The entire situation in Syria is awful.