New news from the past re: 9/11

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

New news from the past re: 9/11

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Watching the TV News here tonight showed that the USA has received a viable threat to its safety related to the up-coming 10th anniversary of 9/11. All the 'breaking news' of tonight has been centered around everybody being alert, all the extra police/troops that will be on patrol and a request that each and every American be vigilant and alert.

The next broadcast was that people should not panic..............!!!!!!!!

Am never sure honestly what I should do - be extra alert, vigilant yet maintain my present lifestyle as I do not panic?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, I don't know if you will be able to open this but it is what we saw of Mayor Bloombergs address re 9/11 anniversary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14848238

He said that the threat was 'credible but uncorroborated' and that there would be an increase in visisble and invisible NYPD presence around the city.

The weekend will be an uneasy time for all Americans, I am sure, so vigilance is probably the best advice. But you can't close down the country and stay at home just IN CASE there is a real threat.

I am sure the world will be watching and praying that nothing happens in the US or anywhere else in the world.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree with Grandad, but once you allow them to make you fearful of doing your everyday activities then they (the terrorists) have won. I have no doubt that they would hope to carry out some sort of atrocity just as a way of saying “we have not gone away” even ten years on. Should it happen, it will be just that, an atrocity with no justification and the dying gasps of an organisation that has lost any credibility in the real world.

Acts of terror can occur at any time and anywhere and being forewarned actually makes you safer as you are more likely to report that suspicious bag or person than you would have been. Peoples memories fade and so does their alertness level, so a timely warning is no bad thing, hopefully the anniversary will pass off without incident, but the actually chances of you being in the wrong place are very small. :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Ooo- errrr

Post by Jayway »

Dear LLL - - isnt it about time you went for a holiday - - - -? :) :) :) ...like yesterday - :roll: